October 22, 2014 | Brad B.
this is your chance to show us your most creative vehicle designs using LEGOs®!
It can be anything (car, plane, spaceship, etc.) as long as it can transport someone. This year there are two categories: Motorized and Unmotorized. In each category
we will choose winners for the following divisions: k-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th grades, plus a Team division. Entries must be
dropped off between January 5 - 8. A public viewing will be held
January 10 - 11 where patrons will get a chance to cast their vote along
with our judges. Winners will be announced at a reception at the close
of the contest on Sunday, January 11 at 4:00 PM.
- Use your own LEGO®, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks, motors and materials. If your entry is Motorized you will be asked to show your vehicle in motion at the reception.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit or a project found online, in a book, etc.
- Your creation may not be larger than 2’ x 2’ x 2’.
- Participants must register online to ensure a space for display. Please also fill out the paper entry form (attached below) and bring it with you when you drop off your entry.
- Each person may enter only once. You may enter as part of a Team or as an individual. Entering as a Team is a way for families (parents and children) or friends to build together. Team entries will be judged separately. Only one person need register for the Team. Please note that Team members will be competing for a single prize.
- Please indicate on your paper entry form whether your entry is Motorized or Unmotorized. Motorized means some part of your vehicle moves using an independent power source (rubber-band wind up, batteries, remote control, etc.). These will be judged separately.
- Participants can begin to drop off projects on Monday, January 5 at 9:00 AM. Completed projects must be delivered to Canton Public Library by 9:00 PM on Thursday, January 8.
- LEGO® creations will be on display in the Community Room (where patrons can cast their vote) Saturday, January 10, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM and Sunday, January 11, 12:00 - 3:00 PM. Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO® creations while they are on display, though we will have someone monitoring the room at all times.
- The Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, January 11 at 4:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Entries must be taken home by 9:00 PM Monday, January 12.