Harry Potter Quiz
Test your knowledge of the Harry Potter books with this cyber challenge. The following websites may be helpful in answering these questions:
- The Boy Who Lived
- Harry Potter Reference Guide (Scholastic)
- Internet Movie Database
- Word Reference.com
- Constellations and their stars
If you really must spoil the fun... the answers are here.
- What is another name for the potion ingredient know as Monkshood?
- How many points does a Quidditch team receive for catching the golden snitch?
- How many Sickles are in a Galleon?
- Professor Sybil Trelawny always predicts dire things for the students. What was a sibyl in ancient times?
- What type of animal does an "Avis" charm summon?
- What does an "Incendio" charm do?
- What kind of creature is "Firenze"?
- (Fill in the blanks) A Hippogriff has the head of an _________ and the body of a ___________.
- What is the name of the town across the lake from Hogwarts?
- Who will be playing Professor Remus Lupin in the movie version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban?
- Which ball do you want to avoid in a Quidditch game?
- In Quidditch, which player would perform the maneuver known as the "Wronski Defensive Feint"?
- The feather in Harry's wand comes from what kind of bird?
- "Exploding Snap" is what kind of game?
- Which character is nicknamed "Wormtail"?
- Which of the following words are passwords used
to enter the Gryffindor common room?
- In what constellation does the star "Sirius"
- Hmm, that's interesting"¦ the animagus spell turns Sirius Black into a _______
- What does the "Avada Kedavra" spell do?
- What is Ron's favorite professional Quidditch team?
- Which class does Prof. McGonagall teach?
- To catch a train from Platform 9 ¾ you must go to what station?
- What is the Dursley's address?
- What is the name of the Weasley's house?
- Which class at Hogwarts did Hermione quit?
- What is the meaning of the Hogwarts motto "Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus"?