The geocaching handbook by Layne Cameron ; with a foreword by Dave Ulmer
The complete idiot's guide to geocaching by the editors and staff of Geocaching.com
When: Thursday, September, 30th from 7:00-7:45 PM
Where: The Purple Room
Registration begins September 16th.
NOTE: postings still must be authorized by library staff, so turn them over to the receptionist, who will see that they get to the appropriate staff member to be okayed and displayed.
In almost every sentence
Just can't get respect.
- You must be in third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment, textbooks, calculators, and any other materials you need
- Monday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Wednesday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
Update [11/15/2010]: A large selection of LEGOs will be available for creative play at the event courtesy of Bricks for Brains. Also be sure to bring blank CD-Rs if you're interested in Free and Open Source software provided by Metro Detroit Linux Users Group.On November 20 from 1:00-5:00PM, Canton Public Library will host some of the most creative hackers in the Metro Detroit Area. Our Community Room will be full of demonstrations and presentations of hacks ranging from robotics to web apps to personal productivity hacks to modded IKEA furniture to crafts.
If you or someone you know is a 'hacker' in a special field; if you have ingenious and/or unconventional workarounds and solutions, then consider doing a presentation or having a demo table at Hack Day. Time slots and planning discussion can be found at the Hack Day CantonWiki page.
This program has been discontinued
Library card users can now get special savings at local Canton businesses thanks to Check Out Canton, a partnership between the Canton Economic Development office and the Canton Public Library. Local businesses supply special offers that can be checked out with a library card, just like the Museum Adventure Pass program. Take a pass from the Check Out Canton rack and present it at our Checkout Desk. You'll be issued a voucher good for one week.
Offers include a buy one, get one free ticket from the Village Theater at Cherry Hill, savings on catering, carpet cleaning, veterinary care and more. To see the current offers and availability, search the online library catalog. One pass per library card per week, no holds on passes.
- 10:00-11:30AM: Aspiring Author Workshop — Learn to tell your story, or share your message in this free workshop
- 1:00-5:00PM: Book Expo — More than 20 family-friendly authors sign and sell their works to raise funds for the Canton and Plymouth libraries
- 6:00-8:00PM: Poetry Slam — A family-friendly open mic venue to share your prose and poetry