This album is full of fun, upbeat songs that feature the versatile vocals of lead singer Shingai Shoniwa. She seems completely comfortable with styles from disco to 60s soul to jazz, all of which are reflected in the pop songs on this album. Perfect for bopping around the house or around town, these happy songs will keep a spring in your step.
- Earth Week Mural Art Creation — Sunday, April 18, 1:00-3:00PM
- Recycled Crafts — Tuesday, April 20, 5:00-5:45PM
- How to Become a Master Gardener — Tuesday, April 20, 7:00-8:30PM
- A Michivore Life — Wednesday, April 21, 7:00-8:30PM
- Energy Alternatives — Thursday, April 22, 7:00-8:30PM
- Scrapbox Fun! — Friday, April 23, 10:00-11:00AM
So I have some happy news to share! There have been some exciting things happening. The first is that two weeks ago lots of the Children's Tween and Teen librarians went to a big library conference in Kalamazoo. They had to leave me and Miss Sandra in charge (but that's another story). While they were there, Miss Anna, one of our teen librarians won a very special award! It's called the Pletz Award. This mean that Miss Anna does a super great job working with all the teens! Great Job Miss Anna! I'm so proud of you!
Catherine, called Birdy by Karen Cushman — (1290) Karen Cushman has written several books set in medieval England. This one is about a thirteen-year-old girl who is not quite ready to be married off. She has several adventures and records her thoughts in her diary.
Girl in a cage by Jane Yolen & Robert J.
However, they will resume their regular schedule starting Tuesday April 13th! If you are interested in being tutored:
- You must be in third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 7, your parent must remain with you
- If you are under 12, NHS requires your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment, textbooks, calculators, and any other materials you need
Program Date & Time: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 1:00-3:00PM
Hooray for Spring Break! I bet you all are excited to have a whole week off of school. I'm excited to see a lot of you here at the library! The librarians have planned lots of fun things for you!
When you're here, make sure you check out our book display kiosk by the Children's CDs. Each month a different librarian has been putting their favorite books on display. Now, I'm not a librarian, but this month they're letting me put out MY favorite books! Oh Boy! It's a little hard to pick favorites. I love books about bears, because I like books with protagonists that I can relate to. But I also LOVE the books you hear in storytime and read for book discussions (did you know I read all those books with you? I just can't participate in the book discussion because I don't talk!). Come and check out what books I chose! Literally! Take them home with you! Because then I get to choose more books. And tell me, what's your favorite book? Can't wait to hear from you!
Monday, April 5
- 1:00-3:00PM All Ages Open Videogaming — Children, tweens and teens can unleash your inner rock star or Wii athlete or enjoy some MarioKart racing during our all ages open video gaming day
Tuesday, April 6
- 1:00-3:00PM Board Game Fun — Do you like to play chess? Would you like to test your skills with other YU GI OH fans? Do you want to create with Legos? We will have these games and more! Bring a friend and have some fun!
Register for the Tween Book and Pizza for Saturday, April 10 at 1:00PM to eat pizza and discuss this exciting book with Miss Sarah. Don't miss out!
Alvin Ho : allergic to camping, hiking, and other natural disasters by Lenore Look ; illustrated by LeUyen Pham
Every cloud has a silver lining by Anne Mazer
Amelia's notebook by Marissa Moss
Attack of the mutant underwear by Tom Birdseye
Coraline is a movie based on an excellent book by Neil Gaiman, and this visual companion offers a wealth of behind-the-scenes images and information about the making of the movie. The stop-motion technique used to create the movie's sets and characters is a painstaking, detail-oriented process which in this case took years before the movie was complete. This guide has interviews with creators, cast and crew, as well as many concept drawings and a jackpot of other neat information.
Program Date: Sunday, March 21, 1:00-3:00PM