October 4, 4:00-5:30 PM
A talk with author Merrie Haskell Fuller
The princess curse by Merrie Haskell — Twelve princesses suffer from a puzzling—and downright silly—curse. Ridiculous though the curse may be, whoever breaks it will win a handsome reward. Sharp-witted Reveka, an herbalist’s apprentice, has little use for princesses, with their snooty attitudes and impractical clothing. She does, however, have use for the reward money that could buy her a position as a master herbalist.
Register for our Pretzel People Party!
Create a pretzel person with a variety of pretzel shapes. Play a pretzel game, learn some fun facts about pretzels in other countries and party down with pretzel people!
Monday, October 3 at 7:00 PM
For third-sixth graders.
Saturdays, October 1 and October 8, 9:30 AM-12:30 PM
The 2012 program will run from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- You must be in third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment, textbooks, calculators, and any other materials you need
- Monday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Wednesday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
Where'd you all go? I've been seeing you all summer at the library, and then this Tuesday, you were all gone! The library has been so lonely and quiet, Please come back! Miss Ruth tells me you all started school this week and that's why you haven't been around during they day. Boy. I hope your teachers start giving you lots of homework so you have to come and visit me… or not. I hear homework isn't really that fun. But I hear that Storytime resumes next Monday. That should bring quite a few of my friends back.
Are you like me and can't wait for storytime to resume? You can watch one of our Online Storytimes, or read a story off of Tumblebooks. Both are really fun! I'm counting down the days until you all come back. 3 days and counting! Until then,
[Image from Post-it War website]
Kristen's departure opens up a position here at the library and we are currently accepting applications for the Children's, Tween & Teen Services Program Specialist position.
Program Date: Saturday, August 13, Noon-2:00 PM