Monday, June 24, we'll give give our planet a GREEN THUMBs up and get our GAME ON with these fun summer films. We will start our day with fairies in the rainforest who are about to meet their first humans and end with the story of a football team that embraced challenges and change to triumph with a perfect season.
Did you know August 9th is National Book Lovers Day? Join us Friday, August 9 from 2:00-2:45 PM for our Family Book Lovers Day Program. We'll have a great time hearing a story, eating a snack, talking about books, and working on a craft.
Holes [videodisc] by Walt Disney Pictures presents in association with Walden Media a Chicago Pacific Entertainment & Phoenix Pictures production, an Andrew Davis film — Based on the Newbery winning children's book, this camp adventure starring Shia LaBeouf is 10 years old this year. It has it all...humor, adventure, family, friendship, and stinky shoes.
The Sandlot [videodisc] by Twentieth Century Fox in association with Island World ; a David Mickey Evans film ; written by David Mickey Evans & Robert Gunter ; produced by Dale de la Torre, William S. Gilmore ; directed by David Mickey Evans — If you haven't seen this classic baseball adventure in the 25 years since it came out, you need to rectify it. A newcomer to town makes friends and faces fears while learning the fine game of baseball on his local Sandlot.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
Days and Times
*Moms need not attend for student to benefit from this program.
From the mixed-up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by written and illustrated by E. L. Konigsburg (1968 Newbury Award)
The view from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg (1997 Newbury Award)
Date: May 20, 6:30-8:30 PM
Our guest authors include:
- Diana Barnes Patillo, children's
- Gordon Briley, children's
- Leis Dauzet-Miller, history
- Jody Lamb, tween
- Stephanie Neilan, children's
- Elaine Pereira, nonfiction
- Linda Svacha, inspirational
- Angil Tarach-Ritchey, nonfiction
- Ed Wendover, mystery
- Sean Williams, children's
- Kris Yankee, tween/teen
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament. Wednesday, April 3, 3:00-5:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Creatapillars. Thursday, April 4, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Kristy Robinett, Psychic. Thursday April 4, 7:00-8:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Ninjago Lego Party. Friday April 5, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Community Room.