Wimpy Kid fans going into grades 3 through 6, come join us for an evening hour of fun. Make a craft, play a game, enjoy a wimpy wonder, and get some car window clings to "Wimpify" your vehicles with your favorite Kinney characters.
When: July 23, 7:00-8:00 PM
Registration begins: May 29
Monday, July 29, we will CHOW DOWN with the CURTAINS UP. We'll start our day with a Parisian mouse who dreams of great food and end the evening with a song.
Holes [videodisc] by Walt Disney Pictures presents in association with Walden Media a Chicago Pacific Entertainment & Phoenix Pictures production, an Andrew Davis film — Based on the Newbery winning children's book, this camp adventure starring Shia LaBeouf is 10 years old this year. It has it all...humor, adventure, family, friendship, and stinky shoes.
The Sandlot [videodisc] by Twentieth Century Fox in association with Island World ; a David Mickey Evans film ; written by David Mickey Evans & Robert Gunter ; produced by Dale de la Torre, William S. Gilmore ; directed by David Mickey Evans — If you haven't seen this classic baseball adventure in the 25 years since it came out, you need to rectify it. A newcomer to town makes friends and faces fears while learning the fine game of baseball on his local Sandlot.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
Days and Times
*Moms need not attend for student to benefit from this program.
From the mixed-up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by written and illustrated by E. L. Konigsburg (1968 Newbury Award)
The view from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg (1997 Newbury Award)
Date: May 20, 6:30-8:30 PM
Our guest authors include:
- Diana Barnes Patillo, children's
- Gordon Briley, children's
- Leis Dauzet-Miller, history
- Jody Lamb, tween
- Stephanie Neilan, children's
- Elaine Pereira, nonfiction
- Linda Svacha, inspirational
- Angil Tarach-Ritchey, nonfiction
- Ed Wendover, mystery
- Sean Williams, children's
- Kris Yankee, tween/teen
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament. Wednesday, April 3, 3:00-5:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Creatapillars. Thursday, April 4, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Kristy Robinett, Psychic. Thursday April 4, 7:00-8:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Ninjago Lego Party. Friday April 5, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Community Room.
On Sunday, April 14 from 2:00-3:00 PM, The Organization for Bat Conservation will present Biodiversity LIVE! Explore the amazing variety of wildlife on planet Earth. Discover the interconnectedness between plants and animals. Topics include the balance of natural ecosystems, how humans are impacting biodiversity (habitat destruction, invasive species, climate change), and simple actions that can be taken to protect wildlife from extinction. Live animals include a bearded dragon, sugar glider and a large fruit bat.
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]