June 20, 2011 | cpl_admin
- Expedia — Expedia is a great travel website worth visiting when you are planning a trip. It provides vacation packages, cruises and even helps you build your travel online primarily because it is also a travel agency
- Hotwire — Hotwire is a robust site that offers some of the best travel deals available. Also Hotwire partners offer unsold inventory at big savings
- Hostel World — A huge portfolio of hostels is offered on this site. This is one of the most comprehensive sites for budget accommodations
- Kayak — The only place you need to search for discounted airfare is Kayak. It searches over 140+ airlines and travel agencies to aggregate the best flight deals all in one place
- Priceline — Great value options, plus a bidding function that can sometimes get you rock bottom prices
- Travelocity — Like Expedia and Hotwire, Travelocity is also a travel agency that provides vacation packages, flight information, where to stay and even last-minute packages
- Travelzoo — This site is best for bargain hunters who can sign up for a weekly e-mail of top 20 deals
June 20, 2011 | cpl_admin
All Ages Programs
Tween and Teen Programs
May 25, 2011 | chitra rout
Be an armchair traveler and visit the National Parks with the help of David Moorman travel specialist of AAA of Michigan. The presentation Traveling our National Parks is scheduled for Thursday, June 9th at 7:00PM in our Community Room. Almost everyone's fondest memories growing up are of summer vacations the family took together. For outdoor enthusiasts, the National Parks encompass stunning stretches of scenery and perfect mountains for hiking and miles and miles of spectacular terrain. Whether you want expert advise on the Big Meadows of Shenandoah National Park or take in the peaks of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the presentation Traveling our National Parks is for you. Apart from being informative and fun, you will also have a chance to win two free tickets to Cedar Point or a car safety kit which will be given away at the presentation.
May 19, 2011 | Anne Heidemann
Extraordinary gardens of the world by Monty Don — When I think about where I'd like to travel, places with beautiful gardens rank high on my list. This book is a virtual travelogue of all types of gardens located in places all around the globe. The large format suits this book well, as the photos are big and colorful, inviting the reader to get the feeling of being in each garden. Gardeners and travel buffs alike will enjoy this book.
May 6, 2011 | chitra rout
Discover the fascinating world of Mexico. There are several hidden treasures just waiting to be explored. Ancient Aztec pyramids, authentic foods and fantastic shopping. Whether you're looking to visit past civilizations or simply lay on the beach and work on your golf game… Mexico can accommodate. Also while you are at the library check out the colorful Mexican display in the East display cabinet in honor of Cinco de Mayo.
April 26, 2011 | madame librarian
Since 1963, May has been declared Older Americans Month by the Agency on Aging. The theme of this year's celebration — Older Americans: Connecting the Community — pays homage to the many ways in which older adults bring inspiration and continuity to the fabric of our communities. It also highlights the many ways technology is helping older Americans live longer, healthier and more engaged lives. Canton Public Library offers a variety of programs this month which should interest older adults: