Stephen Forrest will talk about his experiences with his "off-the-grid" house in Vermont. Forrest is Vice President of Research at the University of Michigan as well as a Professor of Engineering, Computer Science, and Physics.
Dr. Forrest will speak at the Hatcher Library Gallery at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor on Tuesday, October 26, from 5:30-7:00PM.
Register now for our Google Apps class, to be held on Tuesday, September 14, from 7:00-8:30PM. We'll cover search, docs, Gmail, and many lesser-known tools that work well for you or your business.
Update [11/15/2010]: A large selection of LEGOs will be available for creative play at the event courtesy of Bricks for Brains. Also be sure to bring blank CD-Rs if you're interested in Free and Open Source software provided by Metro Detroit Linux Users Group.On November 20 from 1:00-5:00PM, Canton Public Library will host some of the most creative hackers in the Metro Detroit Area. Our Community Room will be full of demonstrations and presentations of hacks ranging from robotics to web apps to personal productivity hacks to modded IKEA furniture to crafts.
If you or someone you know is a 'hacker' in a special field; if you have ingenious and/or unconventional workarounds and solutions, then consider doing a presentation or having a demo table at Hack Day. Time slots and planning discussion can be found at the Hack Day CantonWiki page.
[Photo courtesy of Andrew Feinberg on Flickr]
- AdWords — Run search-based ads for your business and increase traffic to your products
- AdSense — Get paid to place ads for other businesses on your website
- Google Places — Claim you business's listing in Google search and maps
- Google Analytics — Detailed website statistics with minimal effort
- Google Merchant Center — Make your products appear in Google's shopping results
- Google Apps — Affordable, custom online productivity tools for your business
- Gmail — Free email with great productivity features
- Google Docs — Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, and more from any browser, collaborative, available anywhere, and free. Awesome
Here's why you should:
- It saves time — one-click search wherever you are
- It saves money — search CPL instead of Amazon
- It's cool — get suggestions as you type (with jacket images in IE8!)
- Want to know when we're open or how to get here? Press 2
- Need to talk to someone at Checkout about your account or to renew? Press 3
- Have a question for an Adult Department librarian or about an Adult Department program? Press 4
- Same thing, only for the Children's Department? Press 5
- Want to book the library's Community Room or get information from our Business Office? Press 6
- Need to get information about the Friends of the Library or their used book shop, Secondhand Prose? Press 7
- Want to speak to that certain someone whose extension you've forgotten? Press # for the staff directory
Earning the full badge includes selecting a game with a suitable rating, comparing two different systems, planning and participating in a family games tournament and teaching a friend or adult how to play a new game.
- Scan to email - get a file sent to your email address
- Scan to flash drive - plug in and go
Scan to Email
Scan to Flash Drive
Photo by katielips used by Creative Commons license.