From off the streets of Cleveland comes-- American splendor. The life and times of Harvey Pekar ; and, From off the streets of Cleveland comes--more American splendor, the life and times of Harvey Pekar : stories by Harvey Pekar
Rock 'n' roll and the Cleveland connection by Deanna R. Adams
The maniac in the bushes and more tales of Cleveland woe by John Stark Bellamy II
Classic Browns : the 50 greatest games in Cleveland Browns history by Jonathan Knight
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum live Time Life presents
Shooting stars by LeBron James and Buzz Bissinger
The story of the Cleveland Cavaliers by Nate LeBoutillier
Encyclopedia of major league baseball team histories. American League by Peter C. Bjarkman
Dirty jokes and beer : stories of the unrefined by Drew Carey
Kids love Ohio : a family travel guide to exploring kid- tested places in Ohio-- year round! by George & Michele Zavatsky
Oddball Ohio : a guide to some really strange places by Jerome Pohlen
Get some basics at the Pickleball Lessons Blog.
May is Older Americans Month and the focus is on getting strong to live long. So why not join the Senior Wii Bowling league on May 4, 2010 in the library's Community Room? For additional information call Marcia Barker at (734) 397-0999 x1079.
Well, hockey fans, we have made it to Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Wasn't really sure we would get there, based on how the Red Wings played at the end of the season, but very glad to see it happened. In other hockey news, the Pittsburgh Penguins have also raced into Round 2 of the Playoffs. Will these two teams meet up in the finals? I know that my nails will be bitten off in anticipation. Check out the Red Wings and Penguins websites for updates and tickets! Go Peng-wings! (I do have divided loyalites, after all!)
The Tigers are back at Comerica Park for a six game home-stretch beginning with Friday's home opener against the Cleveland Indians. Michigan native and comedian Tim Allen will throw one of the first ceremonial pitches along with servicemen representing each branch of the military. Game time 1:05pm. Go Get'Em Tigers!!
The Michigan State Spartans are one of the "Elite Eight" in the NCAA Men's College Basketball Championships. Watch the 2010 Midwest Regional Final between Michigan State and Tennessee on Sunday March 28th as the Spartans look to advance to their sixth Final Four in the last 12 years. Tip time set for 2:20 pm ET on CBS.
Photo courtesy of AP Images
- Slate magazine shows what it would be like if famous filmmakers 'directed' the Super Bowl [via kottke]
- Freakonomics Blog at NYT ponders what it would be like to play football without a helmet, among other amusing things
- Mental Floss tests your knowledge of the Bud Bowl in their latest lunchtime quiz
- Lifehacker suggests using baking powder to make restaurant-quality wings at home
- The Onion covers the Super Bowl the way only they can
- Macworld gives some pointers for setting up your HDTV for the Super Bowl and Olympics
- Macworld also collected a list of great Super Bowl-related iPhone & iPod Touch apps
- Cooking Light presents a Super Bowl menu makeover that looks quite appetizing
Football for dummies, 3rd edition by Howie Long, John Czarnecki
The ultimate Super Bowl book : a complete reference to the stats, stars, and stories behind football's biggest game-- and why the best team won by Bob McGinn ; foreword by Michael MacCambridge