[After our trip to the pumpkin patch by knitsteel is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
Because the West Nile virus has reached epidemic levels in Michigan and has lead to five deaths in the area, the Michigan Department of Community Health is urging people to take preventative measures over the holiday weekend and throughout the mosquito season.
September 10-October 20
- Mondays 10:30-11:00 AM and 1:30-2:00 PM
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:00 PM
- Wednesdays 10:30-11:00 AM and 7:30-8:00 PM
- Thursdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Fridays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Saturdays 10:30-11:00 AM in the Purple Room
Sacrilege: a thriller by S.J. Parris — On Monday, August 27 at 7:00 PM at Nicola's Books in Ann Arbor. Dr. Darcy Lockman will talk about her challenging, yet fulfilling, journey to become a psychotherapist. She received her Ph.D at Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies at Adelphi University. She is currently a practicing psychotherapist in New York where she lives with her family.
Medical Mystery #1The 1918 Flu (Influenza) Pandemic or "Spanish flu"
Medical Mystery #2Dermatomyositis
Medical Mystery #3Obesity
Medical Mystery #4Blueberries
[Vrksasana – postura del árbol / Amineko Yoga by ((carol)) is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
Would you like to learn about nutrition and taste traditional Asian food? Come to the Healthy Asian Food Expo presented by Asian Center — Southeast Michigan. This expo is the culmination of a recipe contest judged by dietitians. Recipe finalists will prepare their dishes and you will have a chance to taste and vote for your favorite.
Attend nutrition seminars and see exhibits from local restaurants and shops featuring healthy food. The kids can play with models of nutrient molecules and see examples of healthy lunchboxes.
Asian Center — SEMI is dedicated to health research and meeting the unique health needs of the SE Michigan Asian-American community.
The event is on Saturday, August 11th, from 10:00 AM-4:00 PM at the Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital located at 6777 West Maple Road in West Bloomfield. Admission is free.
- They call me a superfood and rightly so
- A serving of a 1/2 cup of me is ideal
- My dark color ensures that I'm packed with antioxidents
- I'm also high in potassium and vitamin C
- My native origin in North America
- A rare disorder characterized by inflammation of the muscles and the skin
- Its cause is unknown but it may result from either a viral infection or autoimmune reaction
- Occurs in all ages but most common among middle-age adults and school-age children
- Women are most frequently affected
- Actor Laurence Olivier suffered from this disease in 1974 and nearly died