An Adult Services librarian walks us through our Tax Forms workstations and how easy it is to select and print IRS tax forms at Canton Public Library.
Why does e=mc2: (and why should we care?) by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw
Because forms are so readily-available online, the Canton Public Library will severely limit the number of tax forms we provide in paper format and encourage patrons to print forms from the IRS and Michigan sites at home or in the library for a cost of $.10 per page. Instruction booklets will be provided for use in the library only.
For further information about forms you may contact:
Federal [website] or by phone at 1-800-829-3676 after January 10
State [website] or (517) 636-4486
Seniors have more affordable options for health coverage. At HealthCare.gov you can explore your coverage and pricing options viewing the vidcast at this site. Find out which private insurance plans, public programs, and community services are available to you. HealthCare.gov is a federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services — 200 Independence Avenue, S.W. — Washington, D.C. 20201. (Image Credit: HealthCare.gov)
- Taxpayers claiming itemized deductions on Schedule A
- Taxpayers claiming the Higher Education Tuition and Fees Deduction
- Taxpayers claiming the Educator Expense Deduction
General Law Resources
- Legal Information Institute — features links to constitutions, statues, regulations and court opinions by jurisdiction
- Findlaw — includes sections for the layperson, legal topics and laws for 50 states
- Michigan Courts Self Help Center — includes information on court procedures and official court forms
- State Bar of Michigan Online Legal Help Center — contains links on sources for different topics in the law, finding a lawyer and researching Michigan law
- Michigan eLibrary (MeL) — information on courts, administrative decisions, finding legal assistance, legal resources, federal and multi-state legal resources, Michigan Legal resources, statutes and regulations
- Michigan Parenting Time Guideline
- Michigan’s Friend of the Court: Support, Custody and Visitation for Michigan Children
Landlord TenantPractical Guide for Landlord and Tenants
- US Bankruptcy Court for Western District of Michigan — contains information on how to file for bankruptcy without an attorney
People in the United States have attempted to form similar organizations, though the political structure of the U.S. is different.
The copyright handbook : how to protect & use written works by Stephen Fishman
The copyright book [electronic resource] : a practical guide by William S. Strong
The illustrated story of copyright by Edward Samuels
Copyright's highway : from Gutenberg to the celestial jukebox by Paul Goldstein
How to make patent drawings yourself : a "Patent it yourself" companion by Jack Lo and David Pressman
Protecting your ideas : the inventor's guide to patents by Joy L. Bryant
Code : and other laws of cyberspace by Lawrence Lessig
Database nation : the death of privacy in the 21st century by Simon Garfinkel
Griswold v. Connecticut : contraception and the right of privacy by Susan C. Wawrose
No place to hide by Robert O'Harrow, Jr
Privacy lost : how technology is endangering your privacy by David H. Holtzman ; foreword by Evan Bayh
Tactical transparency : how leaders can leverage social media to maximize value and build their brand by Shel Holtz, John C. Havens ; foreword by Lynne D. Johnson
Transparency : how leaders create a culture of candor by Warren Bennis, Daniel Goleman, James O'Toole ; with Patricia Ward Biederman
The writer's legal guide : an authors guild desk reference by Tad Crawford and Kay Murray
Spoiling for a fight : third-party politics in America by Micah L. Sifry
Mad as hell : how the Tea Party movement is fundamentally remaking our two-party system by Scott Rasmussen and Doug Schoen
Dear senator : a daughter's memoir by Essie Mae Washington-Williams and William Stadiem
The American president [videodisc] by Castle Rock Entertainment and Universal Pictures present a Wildwood Enterprises, Inc. production ; executive producers, Charles Newirth, Jeffrey Stott ; directed, produced by Rob Reiner ; written by Aaron Sorkin
Bob Roberts [videodisc] by Paramount Pictures presents with Miramax Films a Polygram/Working Title production in association with Barry Levinson and Mark Johnson and Artisan Entertainment ; a film by Tim Robbins
Bulworth [videodisc] by Twentieth Century Fox presents
The Senior Summit will feature a wide array of informational booths and presentations geared toward today’s senior. Also included are door prizes, a continental breakfast, lunch, bingo and a shredding truck. The event is free, however registration is required. To register, please call Canton Towhship offices at (734) 394-5185.
The DHHS and OSA are urging Medicare beneficiaries not to provide personal information to anyone representing themselves as a "Medicare" or "government" worker if contacted by phone, mail, or in person in exchange for a $250 Medicare rebate check. These one-time rebates are automatically mailed to Medicare recipients when they reach the Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage gap, also known as the 'donut hole.'
For further information, call the national Medicare office at (800) 633-4227. In Michigan, call MMAP at (800) 803-7174.