Food and Cooking
Nutrition almanac by John D. Kirschmann and Nutrition Search, Inc — A comprehensive book that includes information regarding the best foods to eat for certain health conditions.
The 150 healthiest foods on earth : the surprising, unbiased truth about what you should eat and why by Jonny Bowden — Readers will find out what nutrients each of the 150 featured foods contain and other helpful information.
- The blueberry muffin is the most popular muffin in the United States
- The blueberry is the official state fruit of New Jersey
- A single bush can produce as many as 6,000 blueberries a year
- There are only three commercial fruits native to North America: blueberries, cranberries and Concord grapes
Real food has curves : how to get off processed food, lose weight, and love what you eat with more than 100 recipes by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough ; photographs by Nisha Sondhe
Ribs, chops, steaks, & wings : irresistible recipes for the grill, stovetop, and oven by Ray Lampe ; photographs by Leigh Beisch
- Earth Week Mural Art Creation — Sunday, April 18, 1:00-3:00PM
- Recycled Crafts — Tuesday, April 20, 5:00-5:45PM
- How to Become a Master Gardener — Tuesday, April 20, 7:00-8:30PM
- A Michivore Life — Wednesday, April 21, 7:00-8:30PM
- Energy Alternatives — Thursday, April 22, 7:00-8:30PM
- Scrapbox Fun! — Friday, April 23, 10:00-11:00AM
This hefty guide to the first six seasons of Alton Brown's TV show, Good Eats, includes an episode-by-episode rundown of every single show including the recipes featured and behind-the-scenes info on how each show was made. Brown's wry sense of humor and no-nonsense approach to cooking come through, making this book a treat as well as a useful resource.
Photo by svacher used under Creative Commons license
- Lifehacker - for example, their article The Best Times to Buy Anything, All Year Round
- MintLife Blog - such as Ready, Set, Action! What TV Characters Teach Us About Money
- The Grocery Cart Challenge - Can your family's grocery bill be $60 a week?
- Money Ning - Has a frugality category for budget-centric advice
- Get Rich Slowly - Another personal finance blog, frequently with cost-cutting advice
The complete Tightwad gazette : promoting thrift as a viable alternative lifestyle by Amy Dacyczyn, a.k.a. The Frugal Zealot
Suddenly Frugal : How to Happier & Healthier for Less by Leah Ingram
(© 2010 BookLetters LLC)
Gale Gand's brunch! by Gale Gand
Vegan brunch : homestyle recipes worth waking up for-- from asparagus omelets to pumpkin pancakes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Bread for breakfast by Beth Hensperger ; photography byLeigh Beisch
Mollie Katzen's Sunlight cafe by Mollie Katzen ; with illustrations by Mollie Katzen