Food and Cooking
I’m always on the lookout for great coffee, so I enjoyed reading about local roasters in the Winter 2009 issue of Edible WOW. A little coffee history, roasting philosophy, and some buying tips had me wishing for a hot cup of joe while I read the rest of the articles—including one on local famers harvesting winter greens. Now I want a salad, too.
Bill Moyers recently interviewed food expert Michael Pollan about the ideal candidate for Secretary of Agriculture as President-Elect Obama names his cabinet. If it were up to Moyers, Pollan would be named, but Pollan disagrees.
- ChefMom's Recipes for Kids
- Cookalotamus Kids
- Cook's Thesaurus - everything you need to know about cooking tools and ingredients
- Recipe Roundup at Kidnetic
- International Recipes
- Recipe Source - allows you to search for ethnic recipes by region
- Rice Recipes from Around the World
- Vegetarian Recipes Around the World
- ABC of Arabic Cuisine
- Australian "Bush Tucker"
- Caribbean Foods Glossary
- Dutch (Holland) food and eating habits
- A Guide to Greek Food
- Hungarian Cooking & Recipes
- Indian Recipes
- The Irish Kitchen
- Japanese Cookbook for Kids