Join us on Thursday, February 28th from 6:00-8:00 PM and find how this tool will help you research and refine your business goals. This workshop is suitable for those considering owning a business, new entrepreneurs as well as established business owners.
The North American International Automobile Show, known as the Detroit Auto Show around here, opens to the public on Monday, January 19. The first Detroit Auto Show was held in 1907. What began as a local show is now international in scope.
The car: the evolution of the beautiful machine by Rod Green
Merrily we roll along [videodisc]: The early days of the automobile by NBC News Productions
Motorcars of the classic era by Michael Furman
American wheels, Chinese roads: the story of General Motors in China by Michael J. Dunne
Search engine optimization (SEO) is an internet marketing strategy that strategically considers how search engines work and how people search. This makes it possible for a website to be on the first page in relevant categories when anyone searches for goods and/or services.
Join us on Wednesday, January 23rd from 6:30-8:30 PM as Roy of Team Hypernet takes the mystery out of SEO and shows the steps to get your webpage in the top search engine results. If you are a business owner, be sure to come and pick up some great tips!
Canton Chamber Office
45525 Hanford Rd, Canton MI
Free to Chamber members and first time guests. Register today by calling 734-453-4040
IT Education Career Event: Learn about different IT careers, incomes and certifications, Tuesday, October 23, 6:30 PM, New Horizons Computer Learning Center, 14115 Farmington Road, Livonia.
For more information, contact Wendy Juback Wendy.Juback@nhgreatlakes.com.
- Small Business Loan Workshop — Tuesday, October 9, 2:00–4:00 PM, No Charge
- Social Networking for Small Businesses, Tuesday, October 23, 6:00-9:00 PM, $45
- Working for Yourself: The Ins & Outs of Becoming a Consultant, a Contractor, or other Service Provider, Wednesday, October 24, 9:30 AM–12:30 PM, $45
Our Back to Business School series concludes with
Tweeting for Business Success. Learn how to use Twitter to connect with and engage potential customers from Mike McClure, president of Social Media Club Detroit and Executive Creative Director at The Yaffe Group on Thursday, September 27, 12:00-1:00 PM.
Join franchise owner George Lytle for Franchising 101, part of our Back to Business School Series, on Tuesday, September 18 from 7:00-8:30 PM. George will cover the basics of franchising and give his tips as an 'insider'.
If you have a business idea and would like to see it get off the ground, come to Beginning Business with SCORE, part of our Back to Business School series, on Thursday, September 20 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
21st century houses: 150 of the world's best by [editor] Robyn Beaver
The borrower: a novel by Rebecca Makkai
This class has been canceled.
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list with Microsoft Excel 2007. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills. Join us
- Franchising 101 — Tuesday, September 18, 7:00-8:30 PM — with franchise owner George Lytle
- Beginning Business With SCORE — Thursday, September 20, 12:00-1:00 PM
- WordPress to Webpage — Tuesday, September 25, 12:00-1:00 PM — advertise with a free website
- Tweeting for Business Success — Thursday, September 27, 12:00-1:00 PM — with Mike McClure, president of Social Media Club Detroit and Executive Creative Director at The Yaffe Group
Date: Friday, May 18th from 11:30 AM-1:00 PM in the Internet Lab
Online registration now open. Attendees should already be familiar with keyboard and mouse.
God's jury: the Inquisition and the making of the modern world by Cullen Murphy