Arts and Crafts
Your library would like to give back to you this summer! In honor of the Summer Reading theme, Be Creative @ Your Library, the Canton Public Library staff decided to make works of art for you to win. We've got quilters, knitters, woodworkers, photographers and many other creative people here. For a view of our craftsy items, check out our Flickr page.
- Red Sun Creations offers unique handmade jewelry
- MudPuddlesNPigtails offers accessories for girls
- Princess Fancy Pants offers custom and semi-custom invitations and save-the-dates
- Definitions offers clothing for women
- Fabulous Chic offers jewelry and accessories
- Glazed and Amused Pottery offers fun and functional pottery
- Deborah Flanagan Jewelry offers jewelry made from silver wire
- Crafts for a Cure offers coasters
- Rabid Designs offers hand-crafted items
- Baby Bits offers clothing and accessories for little ones
- Rose Chic Friends offers hand-painted, hand-crafted and hand-sewn items
- Stylin Doggies offers accessories for your favorite pampered pooch
Friday, May 15th and Saturday May 16th, 2009 from 10am - 6 pm
You can be a writer and compose amazing stories, too. Check out Gail Carson Levine's helpful book, Writing Magic: Creating Stories That Fly and Stories by Celia Warren to find help with grammar, developing a plot, character development and much more. Happy writing!
a multitude of ideas for projects. Everything you need to know: supplies, templates, techniques. A lasting reference for crafters and artisans.
Saturday May 2nd is National Scrapbooking Day! This special day was first created by the National Scrapbooking Association as a way to celebrate and promote the art and craft of Scrapbooking. Join me and the thousands of people who will be celebrating and participating in National Scrapbooking Day Events all around the world.
Get crafty with help from these books. These craft projects with They Might Be Giants playing in the background could lead to a very fun rainy day!
Nature's art box: from t-shirts to twig baskets, 65 cool projects for crafty kids to make with natural materials you can find anywhere by written by Laura C. Martin; with drawings by David Cain
Crafty kids: fun projects for you and your toddler by Rosie Hankin