Movies & Television
- Always looking up: the adventures of an incurable optimist by Michael J. Fox
- Cloris: my autobiography by Cloris Leachman
- Fred Astaire by Joseph Epstein
- I loved, I lost, I made spaghetti by Giulia Melucci
- It was all right: Mitch Ryder's life in music by James A.
But don't fret! You can still check out DVDs of past Reading Rainbow episodes here at CPL.
One of my kids' favorite books is Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett. This amusing story takes place in the town of Chewandswallow where the townspeople get all of their food from the sky. Everyone loves living in a town where they don't need to shop for groceries, until one day when things take a turn for the worse. If you enjoy the book, a movie version is being made which opens on September 18th.
Need More Winnie? Try A Bear Called Winnie, which tells the story of the real life bear that Christopher's teddy was named after. You can also find more information about the Milnes and Winnie here.
This film won't be tied to a specific Cornwell mystery title. Much the way that Jason Bourne morphed into an action hero in plots not rigidly locked into the Robert Ludlum book series, the opera-loving coroner Scarpetta will be the lead in a suspense thriller in the vein of "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Seven."