We have a wide variety of Chinese books starting to arrive for 2011. Come in and check some out. New titles include:
Bai xing jia chang cai by Jinlong Xia
Xi xia de cang lang by Mo Xue
Zhongguo yan yuan fang tan lu by Yi Lijing zhu
Thinking of learning a new language or brushing up on a language that you learned in the past but haven't used in a while? Or, are you an English language learner that is looking for help improving your English? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the language learning tools that the CPL has to offer are going to help you out! Come to the library and check out some of our materials for a variety of different languages:
501 Spanish verbs: fully conjugated in all the tenses in a new, easy-to-learn format, alphabetically arranged by Christopher Kendris and Theodore Kendris
Adjective: Knowing or using several languages.
Noun: A person who knows several languages.
Find Books, DVDs, and Periodicals in particular languages here at CPL on our Languages page. We also have multiple Language databases.
Selected Language Books
We have received our 2011 shipment of books in Urdu and they are on the shelves. Stop by and check them out. New titles include:
Barq-i tabassum by Shaukat Thānvī
Jis tan lagyā ʻishq kamāl by ʻUshnā Kaus̲ar Sardār
Obāmā kī āp bītī by Bārak Obāmā ; mutarjim, Yāsar Javvād
Ṣāʻiqah : Nāvil by Raz̤iyah Baṭ
Just in time for summer vacation, Park & Read passes have arrived at the library. A joint venture of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and the Library of Michigan, the Park & Read program provides a free one-day vehicle permit to any Michigan State Park & Recreation Area. Like the popular Museum Adventure Pass program, the passes are "checked out" for seven days; you pick the day you want to use it. Park & Read runs through October 1, 2011. So visit the Canton Public Library for a pass and a great book to read.
- Ń̀ươc ḿât : doan thien by Trọng Đạt
- 30 phút cho t̀ưng món chay ngon by Tuŷét Minh
- Nh˘ám m˘át tĥáy Paris by Dương Thụy
- Chú chó nhín tĥáy gì vá nh̃ưng cụôc phiêu kưu khác by Malcolm Gladwell
- Anubandhālu by Vi. Es. Ramādēvi
- Viḍākuliccēśānōc! by E. Jayalakṣmīrāju
- Anaganagā-marinni kotta kathalu by Bniṃ
- Prakrt̥ivarālu-2: āyurvēda arōgya grandhaṃ by Gāyatrīdēvi
- Nān vejiṭēriyan vaṇṭalu by saṅkalanaṃ, Ji. Lakṣmi
- Telugu sinimā caritralō Cirañjīvi by Si. Śrīkānt kumār
Come in and check them out.
- Gurū Gobinda Siṅgha: ikka wilakkhaṇa saḵẖashīata by Ishara Siṅgha
- Tumarī kathā kahī na jāi by Dalīpa Kaura Ṭiwāṇā
- Āzāda yodhā: itihāsaka dasatāwejī nāwala by Ajīta Rāhī
- Bhīmā: nāwala by Rāma Sarūpa Aṇakhī
- Zindagī dūra nahīṃ: kahāṇīāṃ by Jasawanta Siṅgha Kam˘wala
- Naitika kadarāṃ kīmatāṃ: sucajjī zindagī jiūṇa dī kalā by Guracarana Siṅgha
- Matthe madilige matthu prayaschittha by Usha Navarathna Ram
- Bramhachari by M.K. Indira
- Naatyarani Shanthala by M.N. Murthy
And we'll be getting more Korean books in the Fall!
- Mēṟkattik kompu māṭukaḷ by Na. Muttucāmi
- Patiṉeṭṭām nūṟṟāṇṭiṉ maḻai by Es. Rāmakiruṣṇaṉ
- Toppuḷkoṭi by Te. Nittiyakīrtti
Fiction titles include:
- A li by Bi Shumin
- Lang Xianping shuo shui zai zheng jiu Zhongguo jing ji by Lang Xianping
- Wa by Mo Yan
- Wo zhong jiu shi ai ni de by Zhang Xiaoxian