- Głowa Minotaura by Marek Krajewski
- Dziewice, do boju! by Monika Szwaja
- Czarna wdowa atakuje by Irena Matuszkiewicz.
Come on in and check them out.
Since it'll be awhile before the book is published, why not check out some of Weird Al's music in the meantime?
“I’ve always wanted to write children's books,” said Yankovic. “And now, it’s not only a goal, it’s a contractual obligation.”
There are so many beautiful fibers available for knitting in retail shops and online, but sometimes it can be challenging to combine colors for a pleasing finished product. This book includes a wide variety of projects with a wide variety of color combinations and offers tips on how to combine colors successfully. I've been wanting to learn how to embroider on my handknits, and I think that the Somewhere Over the Rainbow Gloves may be my first attempt.
- Author Shya Scanlon is serializing his new novel, Forecast, across 42 blogs in the coming weeks
- Concord Free Press gives away unique books, on the premise that the readers will donate to charity, then pass the book along
- Journalist and author Chris Anderson is giving away his latest book, Free, in multiple formats on the web. Of course, you can borrow it free here as well
- Google Books offers millions of books and editions, many in full text. Additionally, Google Books has LIFE Magazine for many years. Protip: Use the advanced search to "Full view only"
- Read Print Library has far fewer books (around 8,000), but the interface for finding and reading books is very friendly
- Internet Archive stores Project Gutenberg as well as many other texts. The archive also has video, audio, and web categories
Check out some easy-to-read Halloween titles from the library today. Here are a few suggestions below. Happy reading!
Orange You Glad It's Halloween, Amber Brown?
Happy Halloween, Gus!
Sam's First Halloween
The Littles and the Scary Halloween
The Halloween Parade
Fire safety week is Oct 4th through the 10th. This year the focus in on burn awareness and prevention. There are several web sites with crafts, games and activities for children and information for adults as well.
There are a number of books in the library about home and fire safety. One of these is Fire safety, a juvenile nonfiction by Lucia Raatma.
Knitting guru Epstein returns with a gorgeous book that is equal parts travel guide and pattern book. Filled with stunning photographs, it at times resembles a scrapbook of the author's experiences in this ever-inspiring corner of the world. The patterns range from elegant to rustic, but all evoke the beauty and old-world charm of Tuscany.
Do you like fruits and vegetables? Have you ever picked your own? There are many U-Pick farms opened from June through October.
Strawberry picking begins around the middle of June and lasts usually three weeks.
I picked strawberries at Rowe's in Ypsilant. Rowe's also has sugar peas and green beans for picking later in the summer. I began picking raspberries at Rowe's in late August. Raspberry picking is available usually from mid August through the second week of October. I make pies and jam with the raspberries each year.
Our family often take some grandchildren blueberry picking in July and August. We pick at Dexter Blueberry Farm in Dexter, MI. Blueberries are very easy to freeze and they stay firm when you thaw them later to put into muffins or on your cereal.