If you're into browsing, try using the Dewey Decimal System to find a book for your Game On badge. For nonfiction sporting selections, in both the Adult and Children's Departments, check the 796s for sport books. Use our endcaps to find the right number. Discover a good-looking read, and then share your thoughts after you've read it to earn your Game On badge.
Here at the Canton Public Library we love reading in any form—and for those of you with an eReader, smartphone or tablet computer we have a world of tech-savvy options! OverDrive offers thousands of downloadable eBooks and audiobooks. Our newest addition, Zinio, allows you to read new magazines on your smartphone or tablet. Once you finish, don't forget to log on and claim your Geek Out badge!
Do you love to read so much that you will read almost anywhere? Where are you reading this summer? On the golf course? In a tent? On a boat? On vacation in some exotic locale? Or in your own tree fort? When you claim your Love It badge, upload a picture of you (or your family) reading. Not only will you earn your Love It badge, you will be entered in a random drawing for a prize!
- Walk for 30 minutes, 5x a week
- Quit drinking soda for (at least) one month
- Find and join a local martial arts group and attend at least 3 meetings
- Obtain an activity log from one of the Help desks.
- Read each clue and search the library to find a picture of the animal described.
- Write down the name and location of each animal you find.
- Put your completed activity log in the box on the reception desk for a drawing. Don’t forget to claim your ANIMAL LOVER badge online, too!
Don't forget about Building Bridges Family Fun Day on Saturday, June 22nd from 11am-1:30pm at the Canton Mosque located at 40440 Palmer Rd. Face painting, sports activities, henna, mosque tours, ethnic food, Arab Calligraphy and Q and A with the Imam are some of the highlights of this day. Please RSVP by June 20th. Stop in to pick up a free flyer for more information.
[Scissor Kit by LollyKnit is licensed under CC BY-A 2.0]
For more great cooking (and eating) inspiration, visit our Chow Down Pinterest page.
- Themed Apron: an apron that expresses a theme, like a holiday or flowers.
- Craziest Apron: Original and wacky-- that's what we are looking for here.
- My Story Apron: Submit a story or memory surrounding your apron, like baking cookies with Grandma.
To enter the contest, claim your Chow Down badge by uploading a photo of yourself wearing your apron (or just a photo of your apron if you are camera shy) and write the category in the comments. Or come in to the library on July 31 between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM, fill out an entry form and get your picture taken. Photos will be posted online for public voting. May the best apron win!
[Photo by Kristen Valenti is licensed under CC BY 3.0]