- Entries must be submitted by students entering 5th–12th grade. Winners will be chosen in three divisions: 5th-6th, 7th-9th, and 10th-12th
- Three additional winners will be chosen for drawings that best represent the theme of our Connect Your Summer Badges.
- Walk for 30 minutes, 5x a week
- Quit drinking soda for (at least) one month
- Find and join a local martial arts group and attend at least 3 meetings
[inspire by Kassy.Miller is licensed under CC BY-A 2.0]
Share your favorite recipes, or discover new ones.
Bring in several copies of your favorite recipe (printed out on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper and paper clipped together) to put in the Recipe Exchange kiosk located by the Reception Desk and earn your Chow Down badge. Look at the recipes others have left, and take home a new recipe or two.
If you prefer to share your recipe online, simply add the recipe in a comment to this blog post.
Use the drop-down menus on the Kids Book Lists page and May We Suggest blog to generate suggestions for a brand new read. Try a graphic novel, audiobook or ebook for a fresh reading experience. If you're feeling brave, combine a new format with a genre you've never read before to truly conquer this badge.
Can't find anything inspiring? Fill out the May We Suggest form to receive personal recommendations.
- I was a deadly virus
- During my outbreak, between 50-130 million people died
- Soldiers, sailors and other travelers helped me spread across the world
- The first case in the U.S. was reported in the state of Kansas
- Most of my victims were young, healthy adults
The girls from Ames: a story of women & a forty-year friendship by Jeffrey Zaslow
Room: a novel by Emma Donoghue
Fill out one of our LOVE IT hearts with your favorite book, movie, music, or program. You can pick up a heart at the the Children's Help Desk and the Adult Help Desk. After you fill out your heart, don't forget to claim your LOVE IT badge online.
[Photo courtesy of AP Images]