Search engine optimization (SEO) is an internet marketing strategy that strategically considers how search engines work and how people search. This makes it possible for a website to be on the first page in relevant categories when anyone searches for goods and/or services.
Join us on Wednesday, January 23rd from 6:30-8:30 PM as Roy of Team Hypernet takes the mystery out of SEO and shows the steps to get your webpage in the top search engine results. If you are a business owner, be sure to come and pick up some great tips!
- Small Business Loan Workshop — Tuesday, October 9, 2:00–4:00 PM, No Charge
- Social Networking for Small Businesses, Tuesday, October 23, 6:00-9:00 PM, $45
- Working for Yourself: The Ins & Outs of Becoming a Consultant, a Contractor, or other Service Provider, Wednesday, October 24, 9:30 AM–12:30 PM, $45
Our Back to Business School series concludes with
Tweeting for Business Success. Learn how to use Twitter to connect with and engage potential customers from Mike McClure, president of Social Media Club Detroit and Executive Creative Director at The Yaffe Group on Thursday, September 27, 12:00-1:00 PM.
Join franchise owner George Lytle for Franchising 101, part of our Back to Business School Series, on Tuesday, September 18 from 7:00-8:30 PM. George will cover the basics of franchising and give his tips as an 'insider'.
If you have a business idea and would like to see it get off the ground, come to Beginning Business with SCORE, part of our Back to Business School series, on Thursday, September 20 from 12:00 to 1:00 PM.
- Franchising 101 — Tuesday, September 18, 7:00-8:30 PM — with franchise owner George Lytle
- Beginning Business With SCORE — Thursday, September 20, 12:00-1:00 PM
- WordPress to Webpage — Tuesday, September 25, 12:00-1:00 PM — advertise with a free website
- Tweeting for Business Success — Thursday, September 27, 12:00-1:00 PM — with Mike McClure, president of Social Media Club Detroit and Executive Creative Director at The Yaffe Group
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are more than just social networking sites. They're also a great way for businesses to market their products, connect with customers and create a dialog regarding their services. Get started by checking out the following books.
Get connected: the social networking toolkit for business by Starr Hall, Chadd Rosenberg
Facebook marketing: an hour a day by Chris Treadaway, Mari Smith
This program has been discontinued
The Canton Public Library and Canton Economic Development have teamed up to help our community "check out" Canton businesses. It works like the very popular Museum Adventure Pass program. Local businesses supply special offers that you can check out from the library with your library card. Use the passes to save on goods and services throughout Canton.
If your business is interested in participating in this program, please contact Canton Economic Development at (734) 394-5182.
Small business owners and individuals who are self-employed have lots of questions and concerns about taxes. The IRS Tax Calendar has a wealth of tax tips, contact information and handy schedules. The IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center has links for everything from publications and forms to helpful newsletters.
This month's seminar includes inspirational success stories from Michigan business owners. The Strategies of Success series will resume in the fall.