The true American: murder and mercy in Texas by Anand Giridharadas
The mad sculptor: the maniac, the model, and the murder that shook the nation by Harold Schechter
Jack the Ripper: the forgotten victims by Paul Begg & John Bennett
Has your book group considered reading a book and watching the movie?
The good earth [videodisc] by A Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Picture
The good earth [kit] by Pearl S. Buck; introduced and edited by Peter Conn
To kill a mockingbird [kit] by Harper Lee
- Fatal Vision by Joe McGinnis
- Hunting Eric Rudolph by Henry Schuster
- In Plain Sight: The Startling Truth Behind the Elizabeth Smart Investigation by Tom Smart and Lee Benson
- Devil in the White City: Murder Magic and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson
- Murder in Greenwich: Who Killed Martha Moxley by Mark Fuhrman
Beautiful Place To Die (PanMacmillan), the debut novel by Sydney-based filmmaker turned crime writer, Malla Nunn, tonight won Sisters in Crime’s Davitt Awards for the best (adult) crime novel by an Australian woman in 2008.
Blue Mountains writer Catherine Jinks took out the Davitt (young adult) for Genius Squad (Allen & Unwin)