Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Filing documents and other clerical duties
- Computer data entry
- Assisting other departments in preparing program materials (cutting, stuffing envelopes, etc.)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Pull books from library collection for review, then re-shelve them after review
Required Qualifications and Skills: Ability to shelve books in proper alphabetical order; familiarity with Dewey decimal system preferred
- Ability to reach upper book shelves to take/re-shelve books, using stool
- Ability to push fully loaded book cart
- Ability to lift and carry heavy books
- Ability to read spine labels well enough to shelve accurately
- Ability to understand spoken instruction and to communicate clearly with supervisor
Schedule: Two-hour shifts on Mondays and/or Thursdays (Mondays: between 2:00-8:00 PM; Thursdays: between 10:00 AM-5:00 PM).
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 8 at 6:00 PM, either at the Reception Desk or via email to email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This description is not a contract between the library and the volunteer. The library reserves the right to revise this job description at its discretion.
Position SummaryAdults or teens are needed to assist in shelving materials and/or wrapping hold items
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Shelve DVDs, CDs and other materials as directed
- Wrap Hold Shelf items and accurately file them in the Hold Shelf area
- Assist pages in library “clean up” (picking up materials from tables for reshelving, etc.)
Required Qualifications And Skills
- Ability to push a fully loaded book cart
- Ability to organize materials alphabetically and/or numerically according to the Dewey Decimal System
- Ability to use both hands to shelve materials
Preferred QualificationsVolunteer should be self-motivated and not in need of unusual assistance from staff members, beyond normal training period
This volunteer position will commence immediately. The shift is for every Sunday from 1:00-3:00 PM.
Applicants should complete a Volunteer Application and return it to the Reception Desk.
- Water plants, bi-monthly — Green thumbs preferred, although not required
- Maintain supply of romance novels in spinners — Some bodice-ripper experience would be helpful
- Help clean grounds around building — Good exercise for the young and sedentary
- Identify damaged materials — Warning: Exposure to our collections may result in checkout overdose, as you see hundreds of books you never knew we had, but must read now!
- Scan & archive media clips — Your chance to be a part of library history
Anyone available for these positions should contact: Kathie Gladden via phone (734) 397-0999 ext 1071 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please fill out our Volunteer Application form and return it to the Reception Desk. We will contact you about orientation as soon as your application is processed.