May We Suggest
From board books, to pictures books, to chapter books, it's is so hard to choose?
The ruins of Detroit by Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre; with essays by Robert Polidori and Thomas J. Sugrue; [translations by Sébastien de Villèle] Over the past generation Detroit has suffered economically and its urban decay is now glaringly apparent. The authors have documented this disintegration, showcasing with amazing photograhs structures that were formerly a source of civic pride.
Kitchen garden: month by month by Alan Buckingham — Month-to-month advice on growing produce in your backyard and obtaining a degree of sustainability. Useful illustrations and plant information are included. Vegetable, herb, and flower care instructions in a format that is easy to follow.
I don't want to rush things, but romance anthologies and novels for the 2010 holiday season are on order now.
Ware is a pen name for Colleen Gleason, author of The Gardella Vampire Chronicles.
Gale Gand's brunch! by Gale Gand
Vegan brunch : homestyle recipes worth waking up for-- from asparagus omelets to pumpkin pancakes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Bread for breakfast by Beth Hensperger ; photography byLeigh Beisch
Mollie Katzen's Sunlight cafe by Mollie Katzen ; with illustrations by Mollie Katzen
As a long time fiction reader who recently has been reading primarily nonfiction, I love the way details spark my interest and lead me on a bread crumb path to the next book. Listening to Mrs. Astor regrets about Brooke Astor's decline made me wonder what happened to her son, Tony. A quick Power Search of our databases found several current articles.
- Always looking up: the adventures of an incurable optimist by Michael J. Fox
- Cloris: my autobiography by Cloris Leachman
- Fred Astaire by Joseph Epstein
- I loved, I lost, I made spaghetti by Giulia Melucci
- It was all right: Mitch Ryder's life in music by James A.
- The Arabs: a short history by Heinz Halm
- Dreams and shadows: the future of the Middle East by Robin Wright
- The great Arab conquests: how the spread of Islam changed the world we live in by Hugh Kennedy
- A history of Islamic societies by Ira M. Lapidus
- A history of the Arab peoples by Albert Hourani
- Kingmakers: the invention of the modern Middle East by Karl E.