The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw by Mark Reinfeld
The Green Foods Bible by David Sandoval
Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney
The Michigan State Fair is going on now through Labor Day. See www.absolutemichigan.com for a schedule of events.
Check out www.Michigan.org for the many festivals and fairs available in just about every city.
Visit our large selections of materials on festivals and fairs. Some to check-out are:
Beautiful Place To Die (PanMacmillan), the debut novel by Sydney-based filmmaker turned crime writer, Malla Nunn, tonight won Sisters in Crime’s Davitt Awards for the best (adult) crime novel by an Australian woman in 2008.
Blue Mountains writer Catherine Jinks took out the Davitt (young adult) for Genius Squad (Allen & Unwin)
- The Arabs: a short history by Heinz Halm
- Dreams and shadows: the future of the Middle East by Robin Wright
- The great Arab conquests: how the spread of Islam changed the world we live in by Hugh Kennedy
- A history of Islamic societies by Ira M. Lapidus
- A history of the Arab peoples by Albert Hourani
- Kingmakers: the invention of the modern Middle East by Karl E.
Almost two dozen Tamil books are being put on the shelf this afternoon. Fiction titles include: Eṉṉuyirāy nīyirukka- by Ār. Makēsvari and Oṟṟaiyaṭip pātai by Kaṇṇaṉ Kiruṣṇaṉ. Nonfiction titles include: Kāṣmīr by Cantiraṉ and Jōtiṭam piṟanta katai by Vē. Laṭcumaṇaṉ. And there will be more coming soon!
This book is a terrific inspiration for a tone-on-tone garden bed. Some of my favorites include Hacquetia epipactis, Euphorbia lathyris (mole plant), and Bupleurum rotundifolium (hare's ear).