- The Missing by Tim Gautreaux (Random House - Alfred A.
- Autumn Lover by Elizabeth Lowell Set in the Western U.S. after the Civil War
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon Time travel from 1945 to 1743 Scotland
- A Rogue of My Own by Johanna Lindsey Set in Queen Victoria's Court
- Simply Unforgettable by Mary Balogh A Regency romance
- Don't Look Back by Amanda Quick Romantic suspense in Regency London
- The Moon Looked Down by Dorothy Garlock Set in a small Illinois town during WWII
Three Days Before the Shooting . . by Ralph Ellison - At his death in 1994, Ralph Ellison left behind roughly two thousand pages of his unfinished second novel, which he had spent nearly four decades writing. Long awaited, it was to have been the work Ellison intended to follow his masterpiece, Invisible Man...
The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris - In a radical departure from his satiric workplace comedy, Then We Came to the End (2007), Ferris turns in a dark and utterly compelling second novel on the insanity of modern life... [BookList Review]
Monsieur Pain by Roberto Bolaño - To drag fiction toward the unknown, [Bolaño] had to go there himself, and there invent a method with which to represent it. Since the unknown place was reality, the results are multi-dimensional. [The New York Review of Books]
A: The Cybils reward the children’s and young adult authors, as well as illustrators, whose books combine the highest literary merit and "kid appeal." And foster a sense of community among bloggers who write about children’s and YA literature, highlight reviewers and provide a forum for the similarly interested.
For the list of YA finalists and for more information about the Cybils, check out the website here.
Learn more about Secondhand Prose and the Friends of the Library.
Bag SaleJanuary 27, 28 and 30
Here are a few mysteries set at the new year:
The queene's Christmas by Karen Harper
Full cry by Rita Mae Brown
New Year's Eve murder : a Lucy Stone mystery by Leslie Meier
Cat on a hyacinth hunt by Carole Nelson Douglas
- The Covenant by Naomi Ragen
- White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
- On Beauty by Zadie Smith
- Crashing Through: A True Story of Risk, Adventure and the Man Who Dared To See by Robert Kurson
- Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Mind of an Extraordinary Autistic Savant by Daniel Tammet