Announcing the results of 2010 Anthony Awards:
The brutal telling by Louise Penny — (Minotaur)
The last child by John Hart — (Minotaur)
The mystic arts of erasing all signs of death : a novel by Charlie Huston — (Ballantine Books)
Best Hardcover P.I. Novel
Locked in by Marcia Muller — (Grand Central)
The silent hour by Michael Koryta — (Minotaur)
If you liked The Help by Kathryn Stockett, here's a selection of other novels which explore their characters' lives in this time of social change:
The secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Plum wine: a novel by Angela Davis-Gardner
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte — Credited by some as the first true Romance novel, this classic tale of a young governess who falls in love with her employer is full of drama and passion. Evidence of the book's enduring appeal is over 600 Amazon.com reviewers have rated this book 5 stars.
The following novels focus on interpersonal relationships, exploring romantic entaglements and friendships during this time of global upheaval:
The Granville sisters by Una-Mary Parker
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
The wedding officer: a novel of culinary seduction by Anthony Capella
If you are new to the Knuffle Bunny series, check out the other tales of Trixie and Knuffle Bunny, Knuffle Bunny: a Cautionary Tale and Knuffle Bunny Too: a Case of Mistaken Identity.
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
- Dark lover: a novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
- Fantasy lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Marked: a house of night novel by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- The mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- In the garden of Iden: a novel of the company by Kage Baker
- A vision of light: a Margaret of Ashbury novel by Judith Merkle Riley
September 21st, 7:00-8:00PM for The Merlot Murders by Ellen Crosby
October 19th, 7:00-8:00PM for Grape Expectations by Tamar Myers
November 16th, 7:00-8:00PM for Deadly Vintage by Elaine Flinn
Copies of each book are available one month prior to the corresponding book discussion. Ask at the Adult Reference Desk for your copy.
The city & the city by China Miéville
The windup girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Anubandhālu by Vi. Es. Ramādēvi
- Viḍākuliccēśānōc! by E. Jayalakṣmīrāju
- Anaganagā-marinni kotta kathalu by Bniṃ
- Prakrt̥ivarālu-2: āyurvēda arōgya grandhaṃ by Gāyatrīdēvi
- Nān vejiṭēriyan vaṇṭalu by saṅkalanaṃ, Ji. Lakṣmi
- Telugu sinimā caritralō Cirañjīvi by Si. Śrīkānt kumār
Come in and check them out.
I don't want to rush things, but romance anthologies and novels for the 2010 holiday season are on order now.