July 2, 2012 | obrienbc
- A rare disorder characterized by inflammation of the muscles and the skin
- Its cause is unknown but it may result from either a viral infection or autoimmune reaction
- Occurs in all ages but most common among middle-age adults and school-age children
- Women are most frequently affected
- Actor Laurence Olivier suffered from this disease in 1974 and nearly died
Send your guess to email@example.com with the subject line "Medical Mystery #2". After you send your guess claim your Sleuth It or Be Well badge. The contest winner must solve all four mysteries this summer to win the prize. Good Luck!