- Michigan's number 1 public health crisis with 32% of the population being affected
- Root cause for most chronic illnesses such as Type 2 diabetes and heart diseases
- Can be prevented or intervened by maintaining a healthy diet
- Regular physical activities or exercises is a key component to not getting this problem
- An annual physical exam which checks for the Body Mass Index (BMI), cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure is a good way to inform you of where you stand in this crisis
Tested for a new belt and moved into a new class
This is Week 2 for our Medical Word Search game. For the Be Well badge, the challenge is to successfully complete all 5 Medical Word Searches to be in the prize drawing. The Medical Word Searches are available at the Help Desk. Take one, have fun, return when done! It's that easy.
Join us on Saturday, July 21 for a power walk around the lake adjacent to the library in Heritage Park from Noon-12:30 PM. Meet at the "clock" and kick your summer off on the right foot. Bring your walking buddy, whether it's a 2-legged or 4-legged friend. We'll also have our last walk next Saturday, weather-permitting: July 28
This morning my walk was, in part, at the nature preserve . The birds were singing which made the walk more enjoyable.
I went swim with my family. We played beach ball in the water.
Every morning, I take time out of my day, and go for a light jog. Its a great way to exercise, and to not take a lot of time out of your day
Drinking Water by Mari C. Schuh. I do drink lot of water. But I don't want to drink anything when I am sick.
HEALTHY CHOICES - Exercise and Play by Cath Senker. I love swim, ride a bike, and play at the park during the summer.
Fats, Oils, and Sweets by Carol Parenzan Smalley. I like everything is sweet.
I got a new roller skates today. And I love them. I played on th sidewalk for 30 minutes.
It equaled 1 mile and a half