Connect Your Summer
The first step to geeking out about comics is to read some. The second step is to read all about them. Check out these great histories and analyses of modern comics.
Comic book nation: the transformation of youth culture in America by Bradford W. Wright
Understanding comics: the invisible art by [Scott McCloud]
DC Comics: sixty years of the world's favorite comic book heroes by Les Daniels ; introduction by Jenette Kahn
There is no better way to celebrate the National Audiobook Month than with a fun, captivating beach listen!
Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.