Connect Your Summer
Bootstrapper: from broke to badass on a northern Michigan farm by Mardi Jo Link — When Link and her husband of 19 years call it quits, she is left with cash-flow problems and a looming divorce. She makes a seemingly impossible resolution: to hang on to her in northern Michigan farm and continue raising her three boys on well water and wood chopping. Armed with a sense of humor and three resolute accomplices, Link confronts blizzards and foxes, wrangles rampaging poultry, and withstands any blow to her pride to preserve the life she wants. Join us Saturday, June 13.
- Thursday and Friday, July 23 and 24
- Monday and Tuesday, July 27 and 28
- Wednesday and Thursday, August 5 and 6
All items are available on a first come first serve basis while supplies last. Limit one reward per CYS participant.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2:00PM - Penguins of Madagascar - Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private join forces with undercover organization The North Wind to stop the villainous Dr. Octavius Brine from destroying the world as we know it. (rated PG)
- Friday, July 24, 2:00PM - Big Hero 6 - The special bond that develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes. (rated PG)
- Thursday, August 13, 2:00PM - Home - Oh, an alien on the run from his own people, lands on Earth and makes friends with the adventurous Tip, who is on a quest of her own. (rated PG)
Do you ever feel exasperated when you buy your pet a brand new, expensive, toy and they’d rather play with the box it came in? Join us on July 22 at 7:00pm as we show you how to make awesome homemade pet toys out of things lying around your home. Durable, inexpensive and brain-teasing toys that will be sure to delight any pet. Registration is required.
Summer is coming, and #cysisawesome!
Connect Your Summer, the Canton Public Library's summer reading program, kicks off on June 1! Whenever you read, attend a library program, or do an activity in the library, you can claim badges online. The more badges you earn, the more chances you have for winning prizes! For more information, check out a refresher on how to participate in Connect Your Summer.
Get ready to have a super mega ultra summer!
Image: Number 1 by Jackson Pollack, 1948
Official Contest Rules:
- Entries must be submitted July 1, 2015- August 1, 2015.
- One entry per person.
- Participants must be aged 12-17.
- Films must use the following theme: "Summer Is."
- Films must be 15 seconds or shorter.
- Films must be appropriate for all ages — no gore or swearing.
- All material — including music and visuals — must be within the public domain or have copyrights held by the film director.
- Upload films to Instagram using tags #CYS15teenshortfilm & @CantonPublicLibrary
- Winners will be notified by August 15, 2015.
- Prizes will be available for pick-up August 15 at the CYS final party and August 16- August 31 at the Children's reference desk.
The Paris architect: a novel by Charles Belfoure
Mondays, 10:00 - 10:30 AM
Fridays, 1:00 - 1:30 PM
ABC Activity Times, January 5-February 14:
- Mondays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
- Tuesdays 7:30-8:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Wednesdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 7:30-8:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Fridays 1:30-2:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
NOTE: Construction will begin in the library lobby on Monday, January 5. ABC Activity Times will still take place, but watch the website and signs for updates to locations and what entrances are open.
Mix up a little
science, some technology, engineering and math and what do you get? A fun way for families and children in grades
K-4 to learn new things. Join us as we use the scientific method to ask
a question, do a little research, make a guess, do an experiment, and discuss the results. Saturday, December 20, 2014, 3:00-4:00 PM. Registration
[ARTT110 Project One Sketch by BnBGobo99 in licensed under CC by-SA 2.0]