Connect Your Summer
Come test your puzzle solving skills with (and against) others in Portal 2 co-op mode on Friday June 28 from 1:00 - 3:00PM. We'll supply the teams; you bring your raw talent. Only the cleverest will survive. Ages 9-17.
Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Parents, grandparents, and kids, 7-10, join us Saturday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM to make a beautiful family history charm bracelet. Design and decorate a unique charm for each member of your family out of Shrinky Dinks. Registration required.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Thursday, August 15 from 6:30 to 8 PM.
- Monday, June 24 from 1-1:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 24 from 10-10:30 AM
- Tuesday, August 6 from 1:00-1:30 PM
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
On Thursday, August 8 at noon, we will be discussing:
Lots of candles, plenty of cake by Anna Quindlen — From childhood memories to manic motherhood to middle age, Quindlen uses the events of her own life to illuminate our own in this humorous memoir. Along with the downsides of age, she says, can come wisdom, a perspective on life that makes it satisfying and even joyful. Candid, funny, moving, Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake is filled with the sharp insights and revealing observations that have long confirmed Quindlen's status as America's laureate of real life.
K-5th Graders: Join us on Tuesday, August 6th from 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room for a special Michigan-themed craft day! There will be a variety of Michigan crafts to choose from that celebrate many of the great things, from birds to lighthouses, that our state has to offer.
Attention all dinosaur lovers in grades K - 3. Come to the library and design your very own dino, dig for dino bones, play dino bingo, and enjoy a dino delight.
When: August 13, 2:00-3:00 PM
Registration begins: May 29
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]