- Current Canton Library cardholders 18 years and above are eligible to register for classes
- Go to Program Calendar to sign up for classes. An online tutorial is available to help guide you through the process
- Registration for class starts two weeks in advance of program date. Register online only
- Have your Canton Library card number ready when you log on to the computer to register
- You can use your Patron Record to review programs you are registered or waitlisted for and to cancel a registration. Please cancel registration at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $5 fee
- All classes are free to Canton Library cardholders
Learn to use data, graphics and charts, and how to customize toolbars in MS 2007 version. Prerequisite: Excel I or equivalent.
Ideal for mature students heading back to the classroom. Explore many of the online resources for your classroom and informational needs. Learn to find books, newspaper articles, magazine or journal articles and more. For this program only, online registration begins January 14. Non-Canton Public Library cardholders may register by phone at 734-397-0999. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
An introduction to basic word processing. Learn to create text, format, print and save in MS 2007 version. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Enhance a document by learning to add tables, headers and footers as well as symbols in MS 2007 version. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent.
Learn to create text boxes, multiple columns, column breaks, and manipulate paragraphs to make a newsletter using MS 2007 version. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent.
This fast-paced class gives hints on how to use timesaving features such as format styles, drop caps, shortcuts, auto text, auto correct, breaks, borders/shading, page setup, synonyms, thesaurus and more. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent.
Learn to create various envelope sizes, mail merge envelopes and labels as well as create shipping labels, tent cards and CD labels in MS Word 2007 version. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent.
Discover how easy it is to learn basic mouse skills by following the online tutorial under a librarian’s guidance. This class is for beginners only. No registration required.
Jazz up your presentation by adding motion and sound in MS 2007 version. Prerequisite: Power Point I.
Choosing the right funds for your investment portfolio can be difficult. Learn the ins and outs of mutual fund investing using popular online resources as well as library databases. Pre-requisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Find out more about the mutual fund class