- Current Canton Library cardholders 18 years and above are eligible to register for classes
- Go to Program Calendar to sign up for classes. An online tutorial is available to help guide you through the process
- Registration for class starts two weeks in advance of program date. Register online only
- Have your Canton Library card number ready when you log on to the computer to register
- You can use your Patron Record to review programs you are registered or waitlisted for and to cancel a registration. Please cancel registration at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $5 fee
- All classes are free to Canton Library cardholders
Develop skills to construct text boxes, multiple columns, column breaks, and manipulate paragraphs to make a newsletter using MS Office 2007. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent.
Learn to add tables, headers and footers, symbols, and other commands to enhance a document in MS Office 2007. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent.
An introduction to word processing in MS Office 2007. Learn to create text, format, print, and save documents. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Gone back to school? Learn to use the library efficiently to meet your classroom needs. Explore library resources including the catalog and online databases to find books, newspaper articles, magazine or peer-reviewed journal articles and more. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Get acquainted with the basic features of Internet Explorer. Learn how to search the Web, the library catalog and online databases. Prerequisite: Mouse skills or equivalent.
Explore your roots online with Ancestry Library Edition and HeritageQuest databases. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Have you ever thought of starting your own business? Let us guide you through the maze of information for new entrepreneurs. Topics include where to find hard data, business plans and more. Lecture and some Internet use. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Use data, graphics and charts, and learn how to customize toolbars in MS Office 2007. Prerequisite: Excel I or equivalent.
Learn the basics of a spreadsheet to create a family or personal budget in MS Office 2007. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Transfer photos onto a computer, use MS Photo Editor to crop, rotate and resize pictures, plus email them. Visit print processing websites, too. Please leave your camera and photos at home. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Keep your computer healthy by performing routine maintenance. Learn to empty temporary Internet files, delete cookies, defragment the hard drive, use scandisk and disk cleanup, uninstall unwanted programs, etc. Lecture and some Internet use. Prerequisite: Some computer knowledge.