- Current Canton Library cardholders 18 years and above are eligible to register for classes
- Go to Program Calendar to sign up for classes. An online tutorial is available to help guide you through the process
- Registration for class starts two weeks in advance of program date. Register online only
- Have your Canton Library card number ready when you log on to the computer to register
- You can use your Patron Record to review programs you are registered or waitlisted for and to cancel a registration. Please cancel registration at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $5 fee
- All classes are free to Canton Library cardholders
Date: November 9, 2011
Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Online registration begins at 9 a.m. on October 26.
Date: August 18
Time: 6:30-8:30 PM
Location: Internet Lab
Online Registration opens at 9:00 AM on August 4. This is the first time we offer this class. Space is limited. Register early.
Most people have a stash of unused items at home. Maybe you received a gift that didn't quite fit, or have things leftover from an old hobby or collection. Join us in the Internet Lab on March 15th at 7:00PM for our Ebay Selling Class! We will teach you how to turned those unwanted items into cold hard cash! This class will cover Ebay selling basics and cover topics like researching your item, listing fees, collecting payment and other tips for running a successful sale. Hurry registration is limited.
If you'd like a quick walk-through of registering for programs, just watch the YouTube video above.
- Have a Canton Public Library card
- Click the link to the Program Calendar
- Find the date of the program you wish to attend. Often there are more programs than display by default — click "All" at the bottom of the day to see a full list
- When you have found the program you're interested in, hover over the icon graphic to see how many slots are available. If there are open seats, click the icon to proceed
- Clicking the icon will take you to a login screen if you are not already logged in. Enter your name and library card barcode, then press the submit button to log in
- Review the program information on the registration page. If all the information is correct, click 'Submit' to register
- If all has worked properly, you should reach a confirmation page with no on-screen warnings. If you do not reach a confirmation page or are shown an on-screen warning, please contact the library
- If you need to register more than one person (more than one library card), you must log out and re-do the process using the other card
Common ProblemsIf you get an on-screen warning, there could be several things blocking you from registering:
- You may be the wrong age for the program. Please check the age requirements and make sure that the library card you are using belongs to the appropriate child
- You may have already registered for another section of the program. Please check My Account to see if your card is already registered
- Your card may not be updated. Please visit the checkout desk, or call 734-397-0999 (option #3)
Waiting ListsWe do not maintain waiting lists for programs. However, extraordinarily popular programs tend to have sessions added as necessary. Also, there are some online cancelations, so diligence checking the page can often get you a spot.
Date: August 19, 2010
Time: Noon to 1:00PM
Location: Internet Lab
- AdWords — Run search-based ads for your business and increase traffic to your products
- AdSense — Get paid to place ads for other businesses on your website
- Google Places — Claim you business's listing in Google search and maps
- Google Analytics — Detailed website statistics with minimal effort
- Google Merchant Center — Make your products appear in Google's shopping results
- Google Apps — Affordable, custom online productivity tools for your business
- Gmail — Free email with great productivity features
- Google Docs — Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, and more from any browser, collaborative, available anywhere, and free. Awesome
- Scan to email - get a file sent to your email address
- Scan to flash drive - plug in and go
Scan to Email
Scan to Flash Drive
The Tigers are back at Comerica Park for a six game home-stretch beginning with Friday's home opener against the Cleveland Indians. Michigan native and comedian Tim Allen will throw one of the first ceremonial pitches along with servicemen representing each branch of the military. Game time 1:05pm. Go Get'Em Tigers!!
Class description: Create a mail merge template and data source, perform letter, envelope and mailing label merges. Also create text for different size labels.
Registration opens March 9.
Description: Learn to be a savvy buyer on eBay. Class will cover how to register with eBay, search for an item, bid, submit payment, and leave feedback.
Date: November 16, 2011
Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Online registration begins at 9 a.m. on November 2.
Class description: Acquire basic maintenance skills to keep your computer in good working order. Lecture and some Internet use.
Registration opens March 2.
Class description: Learn the latest tips and tricks in MS 2007 version to improve your productivity.
Registration opens on March 10.
Photo courtesy of AP Images
Discover how to use the ReferenceUSA database with its 14 million potential employers nationwide as a job searching tool! Session topics include how to put together your information in a resume, networking, researching for company information, and negotiating techniques. Register online, this class now open to residents and non-residents alike.
An introduction to basic word processing. Learn to create text, format, print and save in MS 2007 version. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboardking skills.
Need a professional-looking resume? This class teaches you to use the resume templates in MS Word. Also explore popular employment websites. Prerequisite: MS Word I or equivalent
Learn to create text boxes, multiple columns, column breaks, and manipulate paragraphs to make a newsletter using Microsoft Word 2007. Prerequisite: MS Word I and equivalent.