When you list (or claim, or check in) your business on these sites, you have some control over what information appears. Having a listing is the first step toward engaging people and in turn having them engage their social circles.
Here are some examples of a familiar local venue's listings on various sites:
- Slashfilm posted AMC coupons for $1 popcorn and pop (this Sunday only!)
- The Prime Minister of Thailand faces an interesting texting scandal
- Ken Segall comments on Apple's arrogance in Antennagate [via Daring Fireball]
- Todd Levin's fascinating take on Conan's Tonight Show in GQ [via Kottke]
- Cheap Healthy Good suggests some no-cook meal ideas
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos gave Princeton's commencement speech. Takeaway: "it's harder to be kind than clever." [via Kottke]
- Fast Company gives a vision of what commercial airliners might look like in 40 years. Spoiler alert: a lot like airliners now
- Kevin Spacey does spot-on impersonations on Inside the Actors Studio
- 37signals blog Signal vs. Noise posts a pic of a cool tape dispenser
- Lifehacker links to Workoutz, a site with free exercise videos
- I assure you, you can ensure proper word usage using this article from wikiHow
- Got 8000 bones and an idea for an experiment?
- Get the freshest ingredients — Eat the Seasons tells you what's in season locally [via Lifehacker]
- Not a superhero? There may still be hope for you yet
- 12 Super Cheap, Super Nutritious Foods You Should Be Eating. Now that's a headline!
- How to Argue Like a Reasonable Adult — a Basic Instructions comic of truth
- Are you an Arrested Development fan? Try this quiz
- Writing tips for anyone [via Kottke]
Looking for some places to visit and recreational activities that will excite the kids? What better way to spend a summer day, weekend or longer--or even a short vacation in the spring or fall--than to have that getaway in Michigan! This Special Collection will help you discover a variety of opportunities for a Michigan-style good time.
The Complete Guide to Michigan Sand Dunes by Jim DuFresne: With its comprehensive explanation of dune formation and variety, the book also includes information about activities at the dunes, including hiking, skiing, picnic and swimming areas.
The DHHS and OSA are urging Medicare beneficiaries not to provide personal information to anyone representing themselves as a "Medicare" or "government" worker if contacted by phone, mail, or in person in exchange for a $250 Medicare rebate check. These one-time rebates are automatically mailed to Medicare recipients when they reach the Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage gap, also known as the 'donut hole.'
For further information, call the national Medicare office at (800) 633-4227. In Michigan, call MMAP at (800) 803-7174.
The Michigan Voter Information Center also allows voters to check whether they are registered to vote, print a sample ballot, find their polling place and locate their local clerk.
[Photo courtesy of Gary H. Spielvogel on flickr]
Over the past few months we've been hard at work on a new sorting system, which you can now see through the glass doors on the way to the Children's section.
Items returned through the outdoor book drop are identified and checked back in, then the belts and rollers put them in the appropriate bins with others of their type. This means fewer hands have to touch items to get them back on the shelves.
This, along with other improvements, equates to faster turn-around of items, getting you the books and more you want - quicker than ever.
FYI - Over 70 million copies of the books in this beloved have been sold since it was first published in 1992. It has been translated into 31 languages and is sold in 31 countries. Kids, parents, and teachers all know that the adventures of Jack and Annie instill of a love of reading in young readers everywhere.
Here's your chance to log-in on William Shatner because the William Shatner Blogathon takes off on July 5.
Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
The rules are simple: Blog about William Shatner. Doesn't matter what you blog about; anything that bears the golden touch of the Shatman is fair game.