Experience the allure and inspiration of a town that will remind you of life’s potential. Relax, re-energize and unwind. Indulge your palette with world cuisines, and engage your senses with a broad array of arts, culture and world-class entertainment.
August 4 is National Chocolate Chip Day. Obviously I've blogged many different Chocolate Chip Recipes from cookies to ice cream to truffles to pound cake to cheesecake to pancakes… and a lot more. I usually throw some chocolate chips in most of my recipes. It's almost always appropriate because you can never have enough chocolate!
The time traveler's wife : a novel by Audrey Niffenegger
Naked lunch : the restored text by William S. Burroughs ; edited by James Grauerholz and Barry Miles
Black swan green : a novel by David Mitchell
[Photo courtesy of Andrew Feinberg on Flickr]
- AdWords — Run search-based ads for your business and increase traffic to your products
- AdSense — Get paid to place ads for other businesses on your website
- Google Places — Claim you business's listing in Google search and maps
- Google Analytics — Detailed website statistics with minimal effort
- Google Merchant Center — Make your products appear in Google's shopping results
- Google Apps — Affordable, custom online productivity tools for your business
- Gmail — Free email with great productivity features
- Google Docs — Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, and more from any browser, collaborative, available anywhere, and free. Awesome
It has all a lot of great information for students and teachers. Those elusive and puzzling particles (atoms, molecules, quarks, electrons, etc. ) will never seem quite so daunting. Explanations are clear and come with super graphics helping you to 'finally get the picture' about what matter is all about. You can also enjoy some fun games an puzzles dealing with the nature of science reality. Practice tests are there for the brave of heart. Teachers and parents will also be thrilled with what is available on science site. Don't delay...check it all out today!
When you list (or claim, or check in) your business on these sites, you have some control over what information appears. Having a listing is the first step toward engaging people and in turn having them engage their social circles.
Here are some examples of a familiar local venue's listings on various sites:
- Slashfilm posted AMC coupons for $1 popcorn and pop (this Sunday only!)
- The Prime Minister of Thailand faces an interesting texting scandal
- Ken Segall comments on Apple's arrogance in Antennagate [via Daring Fireball]
- Todd Levin's fascinating take on Conan's Tonight Show in GQ [via Kottke]
- Cheap Healthy Good suggests some no-cook meal ideas
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos gave Princeton's commencement speech. Takeaway: "it's harder to be kind than clever." [via Kottke]
- Fast Company gives a vision of what commercial airliners might look like in 40 years. Spoiler alert: a lot like airliners now
- Kevin Spacey does spot-on impersonations on Inside the Actors Studio
- 37signals blog Signal vs. Noise posts a pic of a cool tape dispenser
- Lifehacker links to Workoutz, a site with free exercise videos
- I assure you, you can ensure proper word usage using this article from wikiHow
- Got 8000 bones and an idea for an experiment?
- Get the freshest ingredients — Eat the Seasons tells you what's in season locally [via Lifehacker]
- Not a superhero? There may still be hope for you yet
- 12 Super Cheap, Super Nutritious Foods You Should Be Eating. Now that's a headline!
- How to Argue Like a Reasonable Adult — a Basic Instructions comic of truth
- Are you an Arrested Development fan? Try this quiz
- Writing tips for anyone [via Kottke]
Looking for some places to visit and recreational activities that will excite the kids? What better way to spend a summer day, weekend or longer--or even a short vacation in the spring or fall--than to have that getaway in Michigan! This Special Collection will help you discover a variety of opportunities for a Michigan-style good time.
The Complete Guide to Michigan Sand Dunes by Jim DuFresne: With its comprehensive explanation of dune formation and variety, the book also includes information about activities at the dunes, including hiking, skiing, picnic and swimming areas.