Short Story Contest
Enter CPL’s short story contest and you could win one of three great prizes. Last day to enter is August 1; winners will be announced at the Summer Reading Celebration on August 14.
- Stories may be written and submitted by students entering 5th – 12th grade
- Stories must be your original work
- Stories should not exceed 10 double-spaced typed pages
- Keep it clean — Stories containing vulgar, profane, obscene, racist or otherwise offensive connotations will be rejected
- All stories submitted on paper must be typed in at least 12 point font on white paper
- Do not put your name on the same paper as your story. This will allow judging to be done on a completely impartial basis
- All entries must have the following information on separate sheet of paper (or filled in the online submission form):
- Short Story Writing Contest
- The deadline for all entries is Sunday, August 1, 2010. Paper entries will be returned upon request
- The judges will use the following criteria: creativity, organization, substance, and overall presentation
- One entry per person
You can submit your story using the form below.