Program Date: November 22, 7:00PM
Do you love to paint, sculpt, write, carve, dance, bead, play an instrument, sing, embroider, metalwork, or anything in between?
The Institute of Gerontology (IOG) at Wayne State University wants to showcase the creativity of Michigan’s older adults (55 or older) at the Twelfth Annual Art of Aging Successfully to be held on March 24, 2011. For an entry form click here or for more information contact: Donna MacDonald — Institute of Gerontology — Wayne State University — 87 East Ferry, Detroit, MI 48202. Phone: (313) 577-2297 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Logo: Wayne State University/Institute of Gerontology. 2010]
We're asking for your help to "Stuff the Truck" so bring diapers, any brand or size, baby through adult, to the library on November 17 and 18. Open packages, pull ups and swim diapers are all acceptable; if diapers are loose, please label with the size.
The Detroit Area Diaper Bank is a nonprofit charitable organization serving SE Michigan to meet the need for diapers at partner agencies working with people in crisis. Please help support those in need in our community with your donation.
Date: November 6th at 2:00PM
This program is sponsored by the Target Early Childhood Reading Grant and the Friends of the Canton Public Library.
Program Date: Saturday, November 6 at 10:00AM-10:30AM
If you'd like a quick walk-through of registering for programs, just watch the YouTube video above.
- Have a Canton Public Library card
- Click the link to the Program Calendar
- Find the date of the program you wish to attend. Often there are more programs than display by default — click "All" at the bottom of the day to see a full list
- When you have found the program you're interested in, hover over the icon graphic to see how many slots are available. If there are open seats, click the icon to proceed
- Clicking the icon will take you to a login screen if you are not already logged in. Enter your name and library card barcode, then press the submit button to log in
- Review the program information on the registration page. If all the information is correct, click 'Submit' to register
- If all has worked properly, you should reach a confirmation page with no on-screen warnings. If you do not reach a confirmation page or are shown an on-screen warning, please contact the library
- If you need to register more than one person (more than one library card), you must log out and re-do the process using the other card
Common ProblemsIf you get an on-screen warning, there could be several things blocking you from registering:
- You may be the wrong age for the program. Please check the age requirements and make sure that the library card you are using belongs to the appropriate child
- You may have already registered for another section of the program. Please check My Account to see if your card is already registered
- Your card may not be updated. Please visit the checkout desk, or call 734-397-0999 (option #3)
Waiting ListsWe do not maintain waiting lists for programs. However, extraordinarily popular programs tend to have sessions added as necessary. Also, there are some online cancelations, so diligence checking the page can often get you a spot.
Stephen Forrest will talk about his experiences with his "off-the-grid" house in Vermont. Forrest is Vice President of Research at the University of Michigan as well as a Professor of Engineering, Computer Science, and Physics.
Dr. Forrest will speak at the Hatcher Library Gallery at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor on Tuesday, October 26, from 5:30-7:00PM.
Drop by the Canton Farmer's Market this Sunday, October 17th, for a special Halloween storytime put on by the Canton Public Library. Dress up in costume, enjoy a Halloween story, and make a Halloween craft. Two sessions, 11:00AM and 1:00PM
The Farmer's Market is located at Preservation Park (at the Bartlett-Travis House), 500 N. Ridge Road, Canton. See you there!
Monday, October 25 at 10:00-10:45AM
Wednesday, October 27 at 7:00-7:45PM
Program Date: Monday, October 18 5:00-5:30PM
Book Title: Young Cam Jansen and the Missing Cookie