This program is sponsored by the Target Early Childhood Reading Grant and the Friends of the Canton Public Library.
Program Date: Saturday, November 6 at 10:00AM-10:30AM
If you'd like a quick walk-through of registering for programs, just watch the YouTube video above.
- Have a Canton Public Library card
- Click the link to the Program Calendar
- Find the date of the program you wish to attend. Often there are more programs than display by default — click "All" at the bottom of the day to see a full list
- When you have found the program you're interested in, hover over the icon graphic to see how many slots are available. If there are open seats, click the icon to proceed
- Clicking the icon will take you to a login screen if you are not already logged in. Enter your name and library card barcode, then press the submit button to log in
- Review the program information on the registration page. If all the information is correct, click 'Submit' to register
- If all has worked properly, you should reach a confirmation page with no on-screen warnings. If you do not reach a confirmation page or are shown an on-screen warning, please contact the library
- If you need to register more than one person (more than one library card), you must log out and re-do the process using the other card
Common ProblemsIf you get an on-screen warning, there could be several things blocking you from registering:
- You may be the wrong age for the program. Please check the age requirements and make sure that the library card you are using belongs to the appropriate child
- You may have already registered for another section of the program. Please check My Account to see if your card is already registered
- Your card may not be updated. Please visit the checkout desk, or call 734-397-0999 (option #3)
Waiting ListsWe do not maintain waiting lists for programs. However, extraordinarily popular programs tend to have sessions added as necessary. Also, there are some online cancelations, so diligence checking the page can often get you a spot.
Stephen Forrest will talk about his experiences with his "off-the-grid" house in Vermont. Forrest is Vice President of Research at the University of Michigan as well as a Professor of Engineering, Computer Science, and Physics.
Dr. Forrest will speak at the Hatcher Library Gallery at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor on Tuesday, October 26, from 5:30-7:00PM.
Drop by the Canton Farmer's Market this Sunday, October 17th, for a special Halloween storytime put on by the Canton Public Library. Dress up in costume, enjoy a Halloween story, and make a Halloween craft. Two sessions, 11:00AM and 1:00PM
The Farmer's Market is located at Preservation Park (at the Bartlett-Travis House), 500 N. Ridge Road, Canton. See you there!
Monday, October 25 at 10:00-10:45AM
Wednesday, October 27 at 7:00-7:45PM
Program Date: Monday, October 18 5:00-5:30PM
Book Title: Young Cam Jansen and the Missing Cookie
When: Thursday, September, 30th from 7:00-7:45 PM
Where: The Purple Room
Registration begins September 16th.
- You must be in third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment, textbooks, calculators, and any other materials you need
- Monday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Wednesday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
Other ways to support Goodwill on September 25 include donating your e-waste (computer accessories) and gently used clothing or housewares at Thunderbowl from 8:00AM to Noon. The highest quality items collected will be sold at Goodwill's new Metro Detroit flagship retail store, scheduled to open this fall in Canton.
Individual tickets are available for $20 each. To purchase tickets online, please visit Goodwill Detroit Bowling for Jobs. Tickets can also be purchased at the door.