Join us on October 3 at 7:00 PM to get your questions answered.
[Vrksasana – postura del árbol / Amineko Yoga by ((carola)) is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0]
Joey, the Yorkshire Terrier won CPL's Best in Show Dog Show! Adopted from a rescue organization as a puppy, Joey now 5, demonstrated he had it all to take the Best in Show prize. Joey won Best Trick to qualify for Best in Show. Congratulations, Joey! You are Canton's Top Dog for 2013!
Joey shown here with his owner, ChuChu Houle, on September 14, 2013.
Best in Show contest winners from left: Bruno (German Shepherd), Coco (Sheltie mix), Joey (Yorkie), Presser (Greyhound), Ginger (bulldog), and Roxy (Great Dane) on September 14, 2013.
[sara_jan-2006-family by Cambodia4kids.org Beth Kanter is licensed under CC BY 2.0]
Feiler's book, The Secrets of Happy Families: Improve Your Mornings, Rethink Family Dinner, Fight Smarter, Go Out and Play and Much More, is this year's Everyone's Reading selection. He is a columnist for the Sunday New York Times and the author of six consecutive New York Times bestsellers, including The Council of Dads and Walking the Bible, and hosts the PBS series of the same name.
Canton Public Library cardholders in good standing may receive free tickets to this event by presenting their card at the library Help Desk. some tickets available at the door.
Join Dr. DeBendet on October 10, from 7:00-8:00 PM as he discusses his book and gives tips on fun, physical, healthy ways to connect with our children.
Families must work together to get things done, whether it’s taking on household chores or tackling a busy school year. But do you ever think about how your family can work together to stay healthy? From proper nutrition to safe exercise, Richard Grucz, MD, of Oakwood Healthcare System, will share important health tips and demonstrate how families can join together to maintain good health. Join us on October 7 from 7:00-8:00 PM for this informative event.
Dr. Grucz is a board certified family medicine physician at Oakwood Healthcare Center – Canton. He provides care for patients of all ages at the office, which is located at 7330 N. Canton Center Road.
The secrets of happy families: improve your mornings, rethink family dinner, fight smarter, go out and play, and much more by Bruce Feiler — Squeezed between caring for aging parents and raising his children, bestselling author and New York Times family columnist Bruce Feiler set out on a three-year journey to find the smartest solutions and the most cutting-edge research about families. Instead of the usual family "experts," he sought out the most creative minds--from Silicon Valley to the Green Berets--and asked them what team-building exercises and problem-solving techniques they use with their families. A timely, counterintuitive book that answers the questions countless parents are asking: How do we manage the chaos of our lives? How do we teach our kids values? How do we make our family happier?
- Use your own LEGO, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO compatible plastic brick.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO designed kit, project found online/in a book or magazine.
- Your creation must fit on one 10" by 10" LEGO baseplate. Your completed project may be no taller than 2 feet tall.
- Participants must register to ensure a space for display. One entry per registrant.
- Entries may be submitted by a team of up to 3 builders. Team entries should be registered under the name of the oldest participant. They will be judged in that age division. If you choose to submit a project as a team you will not be able to also submit an individual creation.
- Please provide a sign/label with your first name and age, the title of your project, and a short description highlighting what makes your "Dream Home" special. This will help voters make their decisions.
- Participants can begin to drop off projects on Monday, September 23rd at 9:00AM.