- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament. Wednesday, April 3, 3:00-5:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Creatapillars. Thursday, April 4, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Kristy Robinett, Psychic. Thursday April 4, 7:00-8:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Ninjago Lego Party. Friday April 5, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Community Room.
Family Storytimes begin the week of April 29. These storytimes are designed for children ages 5 and under with a caregiver, and do not require registration. Weekday sessions are held in the Community Room. Saturday sessions are in the Purple Room.
Open Family Storytimes , April 29-June 1:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Community Room
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM in the Community Room
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Community Room
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Community Room
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Purple Room
NOTE: The library is closed and there will be no storytime on Monday, May 27.
On Sunday, April 14 from 2:00-3:00 PM, The Organization for Bat Conservation will present Biodiversity LIVE! Explore the amazing variety of wildlife on planet Earth. Discover the interconnectedness between plants and animals. Topics include the balance of natural ecosystems, how humans are impacting biodiversity (habitat destruction, invasive species, climate change), and simple actions that can be taken to protect wildlife from extinction. Live animals include a bearded dragon, sugar glider and a large fruit bat.
On Thursday, April 11 at noon we will be discussing:
Behind the beautiful forevers by Katherine Boo — In this brilliantly written, fast-paced book, based on three years of uncompromising reporting, a bewildering age of global change and inequality is made human. Annawadi is a makeshift settlement in the shadow of luxury hotels near the Mumbai airport, and as India starts to prosper, Annawadians are electric with hope. With intelligence, humor, and deep insight into what connects human beings to one another in an era of tumultuous change, Behind the Beautiful Forevers carries the reader headlong into one of the twenty-first century's hidden worlds, and into the lives of people impossible to forget.
- Biodiversity LIVE! — Sunday, April 14, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Meatless Mondays with Door to Door Organics — Monday, April 22, 7:00-8:30 PM
- Heart of Michigan - Michigan Made Products — Tuesday, April 23, 7:00-8:30 PM
- Rain Gardens and Live Walls — Thursday, April 25, 7:00-8:30 PM
- Native American Dancers — Saturday, April 27, 2:00-3:00 PM
April 5 at 1:00 PM in Group Study A
April 19 at 1:00 PM in Group Study A
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]