Drop-in Family Storytimes, September 15-October October 25:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Community Room)
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Purple Room)
Mondays, 10:00-10:30 AM
Fridays, 1:00-1:30 PM
*Please note that there will be no programs on Monday, October 13 as the library will be closed.
and hoping for a delicious snack! Join us for our Pinecone Birdfeeder Craft and Story program on Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 2:00-2:45 PM. We will read some delightful bird stories and have fun making pinecone birdfeeders using peanut butter and birdseed. The program is open to children ages 4 to 8 years old and their caregivers. Registration starts August 25, 2014. There will be peanut butter at this program!
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list
with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Registration required. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Friday, August 22 from 10-11:30
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Detroit Circus and Flyhouse performers
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
To be considered for the Women's EXPO, complete and return the vendor application by Monday October 6, 2014. Space is limited. For questions, contact Business Resource Librarian Amy Lee.
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Cecilia Fitzpatrick lives to be perfect: a perfect marriage, three perfect daughters, and a perfectly organized life. Then she finds a letter from her husband, John-Paul, to be opened only in the event of his death. She opens it anyway, and everything she believed is thrown into doubt.
Top items requested by HSHV are:
- Gently used bath towels, small blankets, and small pet beds that can be washed.
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date.
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg of the many items that help HVHS care for their residents. For more donation ideas, please visit their website for a complete wish list of items.
As an added bonus, supporting this donation drive will also earn you your CYS Animal Lover On the Scene badge.