In the presence of my enemies by Gracia Burnham, with Dean Merrill — A gripping true story of American missionaries Martin and Gracia Burnham’s year as hostages in the Philippine jungle, was a New York Times best seller and has sold nearly 350,000 copies. Now releasing in trade softcover for the first time, this updated edition has a new look and contains never-before-published information on the capture and trial of the Burnhams’ captors; Gracia’s secret return trip to the Philippines; and updates on recent events in Gracia’s life, ministry, and family.
Date: May 20, 6:30-8:30 PM
Our guest authors include:
- Diana Barnes Patillo, children's
- Gordon Briley, children's
- Leis Dauzet-Miller, history
- Jody Lamb, tween
- Stephanie Neilan, children's
- Elaine Pereira, nonfiction
- Linda Svacha, inspirational
- Angil Tarach-Ritchey, nonfiction
- Ed Wendover, mystery
- Sean Williams, children's
- Kris Yankee, tween/teen
- Meatless Mondays: April 22, 7:00 PM. One meatless day per week helps take a big strain off the environment. Door to Door Organics explains.
- Michigan Made: April 23, 7:00 PM. Taste and experience Michigan made products from Heart of Michigan.
- Rain Gardens and Live Walls: April 25, 7:00 PM. Learn to create eco-friendly rain gardens and living plant walls with landscaper Jeremy Christianson.
- Native American Dancers for Mother Earth: April 27, 2:00 PM. Enjoy the rhythmic sounds and beautiful dance that celebrates Mother Earth.
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament. Wednesday, April 3, 3:00-5:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Creatapillars. Thursday, April 4, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Kristy Robinett, Psychic. Thursday April 4, 7:00-8:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Ninjago Lego Party. Friday April 5, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Community Room.
Family Storytimes begin the week of April 29. These storytimes are designed for children ages 5 and under with a caregiver, and do not require registration. Weekday sessions are held in the Community Room. Saturday sessions are in the Purple Room.
Open Family Storytimes , April 29-June 1:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Community Room
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM in the Community Room
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Community Room
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Community Room
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM in the Purple Room
NOTE: The library is closed and there will be no storytime on Monday, May 27.