Lunch and a Book meets the second Thursday of the month from 12:00-1:00PM. No registration required, participation encouraged.
Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking by Susan Cain — January 9th
Defending Jacob: a novel by William Landay — February 13th
Before you know kindness: a novel by Chris Bohjalian — March 13th
The dog stars by Peter Heller — April 10th
The round house by Louise Erdrich — May 8th
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list
with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Registration required. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Friday, August 22 from 10-11:30
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
To be considered for the Women's EXPO, complete and return the vendor application by Monday October 6, 2014. Space is limited. For questions, contact Business Resource Librarian Amy Lee.
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Cecilia Fitzpatrick lives to be perfect: a perfect marriage, three perfect daughters, and a perfectly organized life. Then she finds a letter from her husband, John-Paul, to be opened only in the event of his death. She opens it anyway, and everything she believed is thrown into doubt.
Top items requested by HSHV are:
- Gently used bath towels, small blankets, and small pet beds that can be washed.
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date.
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg of the many items that help HVHS care for their residents. For more donation ideas, please visit their website for a complete wish list of items.
As an added bonus, supporting this donation drive will also earn you your CYS Animal Lover On the Scene badge.
The Coffee with a Cop program provides a unique opportunity for community members to ask questions and learn more about the department’s work in Canton’s neighborhoods and business districts.
“We hope that community members will feel comfortable to ask questions, bring concerns, or simply get to know our officers,” says Deputy Chief Scott Hilden. “These interactions are the foundation of community partnerships.”
Showings are as follows:
Home front by Kristin Hannah — After 12 years of marriage, Michael and Joleen appear to be unhappy with their marriage. They edge their way closer towards divorce when the Iraq war begins, sending one away into a dangerous war zone while leaving the other at home waiting for news.
- Decorate your own tote bag to carry your summer reading library haul.
- Try to guess the number of lollipops in our jumbo guessing case.
- Make and take your very own bookmark.
- Have your picture taken in our special CYS photo booth.
- Enjoy a cookie compliments of Max & Erma's (while supplies last)
All activities will take place from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm in the Community Room WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
- July 12, 10:00-11:15 AM, iLab
- July 19, 10:00-11:15 AM, iLab
- August 9, 10:00-11:15 AM, iLab
- August 16, 10:00-11:15 AM, iLab
"It was a thrilling moment for an excavator, quite alone save his native staff of workmen, to suddenly find himself, after so many years of toilsome work, on the verge of what looked like a magnificent discovery - an untouched tomb." -Howard Carter, Egyptologist