Study Rooms and Meeting Rooms
There are nine first-come, first-serve study rooms on our eastern wing. Read the rules for using study rooms for details.
Larger meeting rooms must be booked in advance by telephone at 734-397-0999 and a room rental agreement must be completed. Rental fees may apply. Please refer to the Meeting Room Policy for information.
May We Suggest?We post many book suggestions to the May We Suggest? blog. If you'd like your own, just
Request a Recommendation
and librarians will build a list just for you.
Jungle Java Express CaféJungle Java has an express café location at the front of the library. For menu information, check out the Jungle Java page on CantonWiki. The café closes one hour before the library, and accepts both cash and credit.
Copiers and PrintersA copy card is necessary for printing and copying. The reusable card costs $1.00 and has 50¢ of credit to start out. You can recharge the card with $1 bills. Prints and copies have the same per-side pricing:
- Black&White 8.5x11|14 for 10¢
- Black&White 11x17 for 20¢
- Color 8.5x11|14 for 50¢
- Color 11x17 for $1
With WiPrint, send documents from your laptop or mobile device and retrieve them from our printers any time that day.
- Scanners — using the printer/copiers
- Typewriter — IBM Selectric
- Optelec Viewer — Magnifies any reading material
- Tax Forms — some Federal and State forms, January-April
- Fax Sending — Self-serve kiosk in copy center
- ATM — CFCU machine with $2 non-member fee
- For sale — USB flash drives ($8) and Headphones ($1.50) at Checkout Desk
For all group tours and visits, please contact Rebecca Havenstein-Coughlin of the Information Services Department, 734-397-0999 x1112.
Group Home VisitsWe welcome the opportunity to schedule your group to visit the library. If you schedule a visit:
- We'll pull materials of your choice for you in advance
- You can reserve a Group Study Room
- We can make certain special arrangements
Assistive TechnologyThe library makes the following assistive technology available:
- 5 Wheelchair-accessible Internet stations with:
- Ergoguys Comfi wired ergonomic mice
- Ergoguys EZsee low vision keyboards
- 24" Dell monitors
- Optelec reader, a machine that magnifies print
- Low vision magnifiers of varying magnifications, which can be borrowed for at-home use
Canton residents who are physically unable to come to the library, either due to a permanent or long-term illness or are over the age of 65, can have library materials mailed directly to their home at no charge. For more information go to the Books by Mail page.