Bestsellers — Trade Fiction Paperback
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2015-02-01, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- Gone girl by Gillian Flynn
A woman disappears from her Missouri home on her fifth anniversary; is her bitter, oddly evasive husband a killer?
- Fifty shades of grey by E L James
An inexperienced college student falls in love with a tortured man who has particular sexual tastes; the first book in a trilogy.
- Orphan train by Christina Baker Kline
A historical novel about orphans swept off the streets of New York and sent to the Midwest in the 1920s.
- Still alice by Lisa Genova
A 50-year-old Harvard professor learns she has early-onset Alzheimer's disease; the basis for the movie.
- The martian by Andy Weir
After a dust storm forces his crew to abandon him, an astronaut embarks on a dogged quest to stay alive on Mars.
- The alchemist by Paulo Coelho
In this fable, a Spanish shepherd boy ventures to Egypt in search of treasure and his destiny.
- Dark places by Gillian Flynn
A woman who, as a child, was spared when her mother and sisters were murdered begins to reinvestigate the case against her imprisoned brother.
- Sharp objects by Gillian Flynn
Fresh from a stay at a psychiatric hospital, a newspaper reporter returns (reluctantly) to her hometown to cover the murders of two girls.
- Unlucky 13 by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
With the return of a killer who was presumed dead, Detective Lindsay Boxer and the Women’s Murder Club take action.
- The rosie project by Graeme Simsion
A genetics professor with Asperger's syndrome becomes involved with an unconventional woman.
- The storied life of a. j. fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
A bookstore owner, depressed after the death of his wife and the theft of a prized volume, is given a chance to make his life over.
- Mr. mercedes by Stephen King
A driver plows into a crowd in a Midwestern city, killing eight. Haunted by the unsolved crime, a retired cop must stop another, deadlier attack.
- Fifty shades darker by E L James
Daunted by Christian's dark secrets, Anastasia ends their relationship — but desire still dominates her thoughts; the second book in a trilogy.
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Young and in love, Ifemelu and Obinze leave military-ruled Nigeria for the West. Ifemelu finds academic success in America, while Obinze plunges into a dangerous, undocumented life in London.
- Inherent vice by Thomas Pynchon
A pothead private eye in Los Angeles, circa 1970.
- Me before you by Jojo Moyes
A young woman who has barely been farther afield than her English village finds herself while caring for a wealthy, embittered quadriplegic.
- Fifty shades freed by E L James
Reunited, Anastasia and Christian face a world of possibilities, and unexpected challenges; the final volume in a trilogy.
- What alice forgot by Liane Moriarty
Alice Love, a happily married and pregnant 29-year-old, passes out and wakes up to discover she's actually 39, has three kids and is in the middle of an acrimonious divorce.
- The light between oceans by M L Stedman
An Australian lighthouse keeper and his wife decide to keep a baby who has washed ashore.
- The winter people by Jennifer McMahon