Bestsellers — Mass Market Paperback
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2014-09-28, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- Sycamore row by John Grisham
A sequel, about race and inheritance, to “A Time to Kill.”
- Gone girl by Gillian Flynn
A woman disappears from her Missouri home on her fifth anniversary; is her bitter, oddly evasive husband a killer?
- The best of me by Nicholas Sparks
Twenty-five years after their high school romance ended, a man and woman who have gone their separate ways return to their North Carolina town for the funeral of a friend.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Book 1 of the series featuring Jamie Fraser, an 18th-century Scottish warrior, and Claire Randall, a World War II-era nurse who has been sucked back across two centuries to be at his side; first published in 1991.
- Dust by Patricia Cornwell
The murder of a computer engineer at M.I.T. leads Kay Scarpetta, the chief medical examiner of Massachusetts, in unexpected directions.
- The mayan secrets by Clive Cussler and Thomas Perry
In Mexico the treasure hunters Sam and Remi Fargo discover a Mayan codex.
- The final cut by Catherine Coulter and JT Ellison
Nicholas Drummond, Scotland Yard’s new chief inspector, teams up with the F.B.I. agents Dillon Savich and Lacey Sherlock to hunt for an international jewel thief.
- Dragonfly in amber by Diana Gabaldon
Volume 2 of the Outlander series, about an 18th-century Scottish warrior and a time-traveling World War II-era nurse; first published in 1992.
- The homecoming by Ron Carr
After a terrible accident puts an end to his professional football career, a young man returns home to Thunder Point to face his mistakes.
- W is for wasted by Sue Grafton
Kinsey Millhone investigates two seemingly unrelated deaths: The first victim was a shady P.I.; the second, a homeless man who’s left Kinsey $600,000.
- A dance with dragons by George R R Martin
In the aftermath of a colossal battle, the Seven Kingdoms face new threats; Book 5 of “A Song of Ice and Fire.”
- 12th of never by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
One week after the birth of her baby, Detective Lindsay Boxer must return to work to investigate a string of grisly murders; a Women’s Murder Club novel.
- A game of thrones by George R R Martin
In the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are mustering; Book 1 of "A Song of Ice and Fire."
- To love and protect by Debbie Macomber
- King and maxwell by David Baldacci
Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, former Secret Service agents turned private investigators, scrutinize the report of a soldier’s mysterious death in Afghanistan.
- Winter of the world by Ken Follett
Five interrelated families — American, German, Russian, English and Welsh — grapple with the historical events of the years 1939-49; Book 2 of the Century Trilogy.
- Inferno by Dan Brown
The symbologist Robert Langdon, on the run in Florence, must decipher a series of codes created by a Dante-loving scientist.
- Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
Claire Randall is torn between returning to the Scottish warrior Jamie Fraser, in the 18th-century, and staying with their daughter in her own era; first published in 1994.
- A walk among the tombstones by Lawrence Block
- The hot zone by Jayne Castle
Sedona’s new job managing a hotel and tavern on Rainshadow Island is helping her move on from her tragic past, but a bizarre disaster has brought a pack of rowdy ghost hunters to her inn.