Bestsellers — Hardcover Nonfiction
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2014-04-27, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- Flash boys by Michael Lewis
The world of high-frequency computer-driven trading, from the author of “Liar’s Poker.”
- Face the music by Paul Stanley
A memoir by the Kiss rhythm guitarist.
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
Personal well-being as the indispensable third measure — with money and power — of success.
- Big tent by edited Mallory Factor and Elizabeth Factor
Essays by well-known conservatives explain how the movement developed.
- 10% happier by Dan Harris
A co-anchor of "Nightline" reports on the science and spiritual basis of meditation and describes how it has improved his life.
- Killing jesus by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The host of "The O'Reilly Factor" recounts the events leading up to Jesus’ execution.
- Creativity, inc by Ed Catmull with Amy Wallace
How managers can develop an environment that promotes creativity, by the co-founder and president of Pixar Animation.
- The divide by Matt Taibbi
How economic inequality has created separate systems of justice for the rich and poor.
- Love life by Rob Lowe
The actor's second book of stories and observations.
- A call to action by Jimmy Carter
The former president denounces discrimination and violence against women.
- The opposite of loneliness by Marina Keegan
Essays and stories by a promising young writer who died in a car crash several days after her college graduation in 2012.
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II.
Book Review | Sunday Review
- Lean in by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell
The chief operating officer of Facebook urges women to pursue their careers without ambivalence.
- Living with a wild god by Barbara Ehrenreich
The author of “Nickel and Dimed” recalls adolescent mystical experiences and reflects on science, religion and life’s meaning.
- David and goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
How disadvantages can work in our favor.
- The death of money by James Rickards
A portfolio manager warns of the coming collapse of the dollar and the international monetary system and urges small investors to convert money into land and gold.
- Not cool by Greg Gutfeld
The Fox News Channel host, author of “The Joy of Hate,” denounces the hipster elite and their pop cultural dominance.
- Uganda be kidding me by Chelsea Handler
Humorous travel stories.
- How jesus became god by Bart D Ehrman
- A nice little place on the north side by George F Will
A history of Wrigley Field.