Bestsellers — Hardcover Fiction
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2014-04-27, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- I've got you under my skin by Mary Higgins Clark
The producer of a true-crime show must contend with participants with secrets.
- Keep quiet by Lisa Scottoline
A father hides a terrible secret to protect his son.
- Carnal curiosity by Stuart Woods
In the 29th Stone Barrington novel, the New York lawyer confronts thieves who can bypass high-end security systems.
- The goldfinch by Donna Tartt
A painting smuggled out of the Metropolitan Museum of Art after a bombing becomes a boy’s prize, guilt and burden.
- Nypd red 2 by James Patterson and Marshall Karp
Detective Zach Jordan and his partner are called when the body of a wealthy woman is discovered on the Central Park carousel; the second book in a new series.
- Missing you by Harlan Coben
Kat Donovan, an N.Y.P.D. detective, searches for the ex-fiancé who left her years before as well as her father’s murderer.
- The invention of wings by Sue Monk Kidd
The relationship between a wealthy Charleston girl, Sarah Grimké, who will grow up to become a prominent abolitionist, and the slave she is given for her 11th birthday.
- The king by J R Ward
Book 12 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
- In paradise by Peter Matthiessen
A middle-aged literature professor becomes involved in a weeklong Zen retreat taking place at Auschwitz in 1996.
- Miss julia's marvelous makeover by Ann B Ross
In the 15th novel in a series, the outspoken Miss Julia of Abbotsville, N.C., must help “spruce up” the surly teenage granddaughter of a distant cousin.
- Be careful what you wish for by Jeffrey Archer
The Clifton Chronicles reach the 1960s in the fourth volume of the series.
- The husband's secret by Liane Moriarty
A woman’s life is upended when she discovers a letter she was not meant to read.
- Blossom street brides by Debbie Macomber
Three women’s lives intersect around a Seattle knitting store; a Blossom Street novel.
- By its cover by Donna Leon
Commissario Guido Brunetti investigates the theft of books from a library and the murder of one of its patrons.
- Frog music by Emma Donoghue
A murder mystery set in San Francisco in 1876, when the city is in the grip of a smallpox epidemic and a heat wave.
- Gone girl by Gillian Flynn
A woman disappears on her fifth anniversary; is her husband a killer?
- Stone cold by C J Box
Joe Pickett, a Wyoming game warden and special assistant to the governor, investigates a mysterious wealthy rancher.
- Warriors by Ted Bell
The counterspy Alex Hawke must rescue a kidnapped American scientist as the United States and China move dangerously close to nuclear war.
- Cauldron of ghosts by David Weber and Eric Flint
- The auschwitz escape by Joel C Rosenberg
A heroic flight from the Nazis.