Bestsellers — Hardcover Fiction
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2014-08-24, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- The magician's land by Lev Grossman
Quentin, an exiled magician, tries a risky heist in the final installment of a trilogy.
- Big little lies by Liane Moriarty
Who will end up dead, and how, when three mothers with children in the same school become friends?
- The lost island by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Gideon Crew, scientist and thief, pursues an extraordinary treasure for his mysterious employer.
- Severed souls by Terry Goodkind
Book 14 of the Sword of Truth series returns to Richard Rahl, Kahlan Amnell, and their world.
- The goldfinch by Donna Tartt
A painting becomes a boy’s prize, guilt and burden.
- The heist by Daniel Silva
Gabriel Allon, an art restorer and occasional spy for the Israeli secret service, must track down a famous missing painting by Caravaggio.
- The book of life by Deborah Harkness
In the conclusion to the All Souls trilogy, the Oxford scholar/witch Diana Bishop and the vampire geneticist Matthew Clairmont return from Elizabethan London to the present.
- Tom clancy: support and defend by Mark Greaney
A Dominic Caruso novel, written in the tradition of Clancy, who died in October 2013.
- All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doerr
The lives of a blind French girl and a gadget-obsessed German boy before and during World War II.
- The silkworm by Robert Galbraith
The private detective Cormoran Strike in literary London; by J. K. Rowling, writing pseudonymously.
- A perfect life by Danielle Steel
A successful TV anchor faces a young rival at work just as the long-kept secrets of her private life are exposed.
- Invisible by James Patterson and David Ellis
A former F.B.I. researcher finds a link between scores of apparently unconnected unsolved cases.
- Act of war by Brad Thor
The counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath undertakes two dangerous missions as America faces an imminent attack.
- Top secret by W E B Griffin and William E Butterworth IV
A Clandestine Operations novel, first in a new series about the Cold War and the early C.I.A.
- Mr. mercedes by Stephen King
A driver plows into a crowd, killing eight. The killer then taunts a suicidal ex-cop, who must stop another, deadlier attack.
- The husband's secret by Liane Moriarty
A woman’s life is upended when she discovers a letter she was not meant to read.
- Lucky us by Amy Bloom
The adventures and reinvented lives of two sisters in the 1940s.
- Written in my own heart's blood by Diana Gabaldon
Jamie Fraser and his family face challenges in the 18th and 20th centuries.
- Dark skye by Kresley Cole
Will a scarred warrior and the beautiful sorceress with the power to heal him overcome the challenges of their warring families and the chaotic battles around them? Book 15 in the Immortals After Dark series.
- The invention of wings by Sue Monk Kidd
A wealthy Charleston girl, Sarah Grimké, who will grow up to be an abolitionist, is given a slave for her 11th birthday.