Bestsellers — Combined Print Nonfiction
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2013-05-12, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- Let's explore diabetes with owls by David Sedaris
Essays from the humorist on subjects like French dentistry and a North Carolina Costco.
- Lean in by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell
The chief operating officer of Facebook urges women to pursue their careers without ambivalence.
- Proof of heaven by Eben Alexander
A neurosurgeon recounts his near death experience during a coma from bacterial meningitis.
- Cooked by Michael Pollan
A celebration of braising, baking, grilling and fermenting.
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
A woman’s account of a life-changing 1,100-mile hike along the Pacific Crest Trail during the summer of 1995.
- Trident k9 warriors by Michael Ritland with Gary Brozek
A former member of the Navy SEALs describes his subsequent career finding, training and supplying working dogs to the U.S. military.
- Waking up in heaven by Crystal McVea
What happened to a teacher from Oklahoma during nine minutes of unconsciousness.
- America the beautiful by Ben Carson with Candy Carson
A doctor explores what makes America great.
- Dirty wars by Jeremy Scahill
America’s new covert wars, fought by secret commandos.
- Carrie and me by Carol Burnett
The comedian recalls her oldest daughter, who died in 2002.
- American sniper by Chris Kyle
A memoir about battlefield experiences in Iraq by the Navy SEALs sniper.
- My next step by Dave Liniger with Laura Morton
The founder of Re/Max recounts his ordeal with a staph infection that left him paralyzed.
- Quiet by Susan Cain
Introverts — one-third of the population — are undervalued in American society.
- The new digital age by Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen
The promise and peril of the continuing information and technology revolution for people, nations and business.
- Way of the knife by Mark Mazzetti
The Times’s national security correspondent describes how the lines between the C.I.A. and the American military have been blurred.
- Gulp by Mary Roach
A science writer’s pilgrimage down the digestive tract; by the author of “Stiff,” “Spook,” “Bonk” and “Packing for Mars.”
- Duck commanders by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach
Behind the scenes at the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Thinking, fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman
The winner of the Nobel in economic science discusses how we make choices.
- I'll see you again by Jackie Hance with Janice Kaplan
The experience of a mother whose three daughters were killed when her sister-in-law drove the wrong way down the Taconic Parkway.
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II.
Book Review | Sunday Review